Security Control Officer - South African Reserve BankSecurity / Intelligence Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Durban 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main purpose of this position is to plan and supervise the day-to-day security operations of operational security personnel at the Head Office facility of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Manage the facilities protection function at the Head Office facility of the SARB.
- Conduct thorough inspection rounds and other security measures to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Monitor the implementation of, and compliance with, applicable policies and procedures.
- Conduct workplace assessments.
- Manage the assignment of firearms for the shift.
- Ensure that operational security staff members comply with, and are fit for, deployment.
- Manage the performance and development of team members.
- Provide administrative support to the management structure of the Security Operations Division at Head Office.
- Provide management information for the purposes of decision-making.
- Proactively broaden knowledge of own functional area, displaying a willingness to make improvements in the unit (including methods and practices).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
- a Diploma in Security Management or an equivalent NQF6 qualification;
- five years’ experience in a national key point facility protection environment;
- two years’ experience in facility operational security supervision, including security systems, procedures and personnel;
- sound knowledge and understanding of a national key point security environment, emergency and incident management, control room operations and key control as well as relevant legislation;
- a level of medical, physical and psychological fitness that is commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position; and
- a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade B certificate.
Additional requirements include:
- ability to manage a work team on a sound business and security footing, and lead and direct a work team in carrying out prescribed duties;
- ability to use initiative and function effectively and calmly in an emergency situation;
- proficiency in English;
- computer literacy and conversant in the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including the electronic mail (Outlook) system;
- ability to be constantly vigilant, alert and resourceful;
- ability to work shifts;
- security management training and experience;
- national key point training;
- competence in handling firearms (9 mm pistol, semi-automatic rifle and shotgun);
- a favorable security clearance; and
- a valid Code 8 driver’s license.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.