Service Desk Agent - AVI LimitedCustomer Care / Call Centre Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Cape Town 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AVI LIMITED is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands! Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and centred on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands. Our brands span a range of categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, out-of-home ranges, personal care products, cosmetics, footwear, accessories, and fashion apparel.
We have a well-developed Shared Services structure spanning: International, IT, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Procurement and Field Marketing, that allows us to take advantage of our scale. Our single-minded purpose is our brands growth and development.
An exciting opportunity exists for a SERVICE DESK AGENT at AVI LIMITED in our IT Shared Services Division, in Cape Town. The Service Desk Agent is tasked with providing operational support to business users as well as the IT Infrastructure team. The support process will be underpinned by the ITIL methodology that is applied within the AVI ITSS Service Desk environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Service Desk Agent’s key focus is providing first line support to customers in an ITIL service model with a strong view to resolve the majority of incidents as quickly and accurately as possible. This also includes proactive system monitoring and problem resolution that lends itself to broadening both the skillset and capacity of the incumbent in the role as part of the broader service engineering team.
Reporting Structure: Service Agent Team Lead
Key performance areas:
- Responsibilities include the ability to identify research and resolve a broad range of problems associated with users as well as the broader IT Systems infrastructure.
- Provide operational support to business users including after-hours support by assisting in problem resolution
- Monitors the Systems and Infrastructure environments through the use of monitoring tools and pre-defined monitoring processes and reacts quickly to resolve complex problems
- Performs SAP transports in accordance with pre-defined processes
- Reviews user issues logged via email and ensures that these are appropriately logged and assigned to the correct resolver group
- Responds to user requests for information and assists in problem resolution outside of normal business hours
- Re-assigns calls that cannot be resolved immediately to the relevant resolving team or 3rd party as defined in the operational procedures
- Adheres to issues escalation procedures
- Ensures effective communication of the downtime schedule to key business and IT stakeholders
- Logs, documents and maintains history records of logged calls on the IT Knowledge Base
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of problems related to the group’s infrastructure components such as server hardware, storage systems.
- Provide front-line support with a focus on incident resolution. They are to provide high quality technical and procedural assistance.
- Systems support across multiple platforms including (but not limited to): VMWare, MS Exchange, Windows Servers, Printing, CCTV, Faxing, SCCM and Backups.
- Responding to telephone calls, calls directly assigned via the incident management system, emails and in-person requests for technical support.
- Conduct first-line telephone support on all incoming calls to the Service Desk
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a Service Desk or IT Support environment
- 1 Year 1st Line IT Service Desk Support experience is a minimum requirement
- Proven experience in monitoring, supporting and performing initial troubleshooting with a view to resolve incidents in: Enterprise desktop operating systems (Win7,8,10) and Office Productivity Applications (MS Office suite) o Large scale Microsoft Windows Server environments o Microsoft systems e.g. MS Exchange, MS SharePoint Data centre computer systems, storage systems, virtualisation, software management systems (SCCM) and backup systems
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Matric/Grade 12
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma or Equivalent in Information Technology would be advantageous
- Minimum Certificate(S):
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (Storage and Disk, Data dedupe, HA, DR, Clustering)
- Networking with Windows Server 2016 (DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VPN, DFS, SDN)
- Identity with Windows Server 2016 (AD DS, AD CS, AD FS)
- Valid CCNA Certification
- Enterprise Server Hardware (e.g. HP, Dell)
- ITIL Service Management Foundation advantageous
- Prepared to work outside of normal working hours including overtime, weekends and/or public holidays
- The position requires rotational shift work
- Have had exposure to supporting a retail channel
- A keen ability to work collaboratively within a team and across multiple pillars in ITSS ? Good working knowledge and experience in the use of enterprise monitoring systems (Solarwinds, SCOM) ? Good understanding of networking principles – TCP, UDP, etc.
- Flexible and open to change
- Build and use key relationships
- Problem-solving ability
- Planning and organizing
- Initiate and Achieve Results
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.