Legal & Compliance Clerk: DBN - BET SoftwareLegal Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Durban 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are on the search for someone with a sharp eye and the ability to go through reams of documents, contracts and agreements with a fine-tooth comb. You will provide support to the Legal and Compliance Advisor giving a helping hand with legislative, statutory and governance requirements of the company.
Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We need your ability to gather and study a large or dense amount of information about something. Your expertise in keeping a close eye on compliance with applicable legislation and internal requirement policies and procedures.
- Diploma/Degree (Advantageous)
- Legal knowledge and a general understanding of applicable gambling legislation and regulations and Data Protection legislation and be able to stay updated on the changes thereto. (Preferred)
- 1- 2 Years in a legal and compliance clerk role.
- Gambling board experience (Advantageous)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct research when necessary, compile required reports and papers, and make legally sound recommendations regarding legal and compliance issues.
- Attend to contract reviews.
- Confidently respond to queries from internal parties.
- Ability to assist with the implementation, compliance and monitoring with the Protection of Personal Information Act;
- Assist with the development of the Compliance Framework and Procedures as well as the monitoring mechanisms;
- Recognize gaps in existing processes or arising from new regulations and ensure that the correct remedial action is put into place to close the gaps;
- Assist with the design and development of compliance monitoring plans.
- Track and assist with remedial actions following any compliance findings or breaches.
- Escalate any significant compliance issues to Management.
- Ensure technical correctness of policy documents drafted through regular research and training.
- Generates new ideas and challenges the status quo, takes risk, supports change and encourages innovation.
- Searches for opportunity to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible.
- Solves problems through questioning the status quo.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.