Manager: Chartered Accountant - Apex GroupAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Johannesburg 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are seeking a Manager, reporting to an Associate Director/Senior Manager within the Alternative Asset Services of Apex, covering financial reporting obligations to support the growing Private Debt and Capital Markets, Real Assets, and Private Equity teams, with a particular focus on the development and mentoring of the team members.
Also, including working procedures and processes for the Johannesburg office and the alternative asset services teams and providing the highest quality of customer service. Given the divisional responsibilities outlined below, the candidate will require to have significant experience and expertise.
- Joint responsibility for assisting in the development of the Private Debt and Capital Market, Real Assets and Private Equity Teams in Johannesburg and for the day-to-day financial reporting and management of portfolios of clients across these teams;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assisting in the Management of specialised services teams on all aspects of financial reporting, including working directly with Apex's customers to ensure their structures are run efficiently in compliance with the relevant laws and contractual obligations, and being involved with the management team to strategically build the Debt, RA and PE business;
- Working with the management team and Directors to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of the structures to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations;
- Ensuring quality control prior to the further review and approval of Apex's authorised persons including payments, calculations and transactions;
- Preparation and implementation of entity customer specific procedures in relation to the reporting requirements;
- Ensuring reporting complies with entity and statutory requirements including local law, relevant GAAP, including IFRS and other reporting principles;
- Development and maintenance of divisional and departmental policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all day-to-day matters required to be completed are performed in a timely and satisfactory manner including monitoring tasks and delegating these across the relevant manager's team; Supporting the implementation of new structures;
- Act as the primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the audits;
- Be able to provide sound, quality, and technical guidance to clients; Assist with the training of junior staff;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
Professional qualification – CA, ACA, ACCA, or equivalent with:
- Ideally three-four years of experience in a similar relevant capability in the finance industry;
- An understanding of regulatory and financial reporting regime and IFRS;
- Ability to motivate and influence a team, high managerial skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.