Senior Fund Accountant: Alternative Asset Services - Apex GroupAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Johannesburg 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are seeking a Senior Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Alternative Asset Services of Apex, to have responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the preparation/overseeing of a number of client portfolios (underlying accounting, financial statements preparation, regulatory requirements) including the development and mentoring of more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer services portfolio.
- Working with the Assistant Manager, Manager and Director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Assist with the Supervision and mentoring of a number of trainee fund accountants and fund accountants;
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to the agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Performing any additional responsibilities that may be required in support of the ongoing management and development of the division;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual NAVs;
- Management accounts and IPDs;
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements.
Commerce degree with:
- Registered accountant with SAICA; no post-article experience required;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Motivated and driven;
- Minimum of 2 years fund related accounting experience;
- Private Debt and Capital Markets knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.