Packaging Buyer - DanoneSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
About the job
- To support the Direct, Spend Manager through developing and maintaining supplier relations whilst conducting competitor analysis and evaluating supplier performances.
- To independently manage selected Packaging Suppliers, the spend threshold to be agreed to with Direct Spend Manager.
- Constantly look for cost-saving opportunities and be able to implement them through transversal project management.
- This role is responsible for driving compliance with Packaging suppliers in line with the internal controls policy as well as ensuring quality compliance documents are received from all new Packaging suppliers
- Ensure the correct prices are loaded in SAP for Packaging suppliers and resolve any finance queries
- Regular liaison with supplier contacts, building and maintaining relationships.
- Work with internal teams on a regular basis, especially with the Planning team to assist with SLA adherence and avoidance of service level impact due to out-of-stock packaging materials.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Main job responsibilities along with summarized sub elements
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Planning and Strategy
- Build excellent relationships with suppliers to improve supplier performance and develop new products – continuously question requirements both internally and externally to gain a full understanding of needs
- Manage and monitor adherence to best practice and performance
- Identify and deliver opportunities in terms of cost optimization, quality and service
- Continuously review the overall “value” offered by existing suppliers and ensure that the Company’s sourcing remains competitive
- Benchmark Packaging Spend
- Drive Packaging Cost Savings and Productivity initiatives.
- Working closely with the Supply Planning team to ensure suppliers adhere to SLAs especially for stockholding of finished goods and raw materials
- Manage selected Packaging Suppliers include tenders, contracts, productivity projects and supplier management
- Report monthly on Packaging supplier performance based on agreed criteria with corrective action where appropriate
- Ensure that timely negotiation is carried out to influence the business performance through supplier negotiation and identifying new sourcing opportunities
- Analysis of RFQ’s, quotations and negotiating of prices and terms for relevant Packaging suppliers
- Ensure that suitable suppliers are selected based on predetermined criteria and ensuring compliance with all validation processes and SLA’s including SEDEX, Third Party Vetting and Quality requirements.
- Sourcing new suppliers and maintaining current supplier relations to ensure on time delivery and continuous supply in line with the SLAs signed with Suppliers.
- Work with the Planning & Quality teams to ensure SLAs are in place for all relevant suppliers.
- Researching and sourcing new providers to meet the business needs, maintain a potential suppliers list that is shared with the Direct Spend Manager regularly
- Constantly look for innovative materials to feed the company Innovation process and make sure that we are always among the first to know and evaluate new materials.
- Attend weekly project team meetings to support on innovation and productivity projects.
- Liaising with the Global Procurement team, leveraging on each other’s strengths
Finance and Budget
- Negotiation of prices for selected new and current Packaging items
- Uploading Packaging prices onto SAP after the necessary approvals as per the internal controls criteria
- Weekly meetings with the Finance materials team to resolve any price variances.
- Ensure compliance with One Time vendor process.
- Understand and Provide Support to Direct Spend Manager, on the Rolling Forecast Process.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Tracking and Planning
- Ensuring all Packaging price change forms and supporting documents are filed in line with the internal controls policy
- Ensuring all Packaging contracts are filed and stored in line with Internal control guidelines
- Assist in ensuring the Packaging supplier's membership on SEDEX stays up to date.
- Work with Planning to track Suppliers SLA adherence and ensure regular checks, especially on stockholding requirements
- Support Planning Team when needed on stocks / Supply Issues, working towards Stock Availability Target.
- Ensure the necessary departments conduct the Supplier VEGA analysis annually and share this with Direct Spend Manager before December every year.
- National Diploma in Purchasing or Procurement/BCom Degree preferred
- FMCG Purchasing experience (min 5 years)
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & SAP
- Commercial acumen
- Proven ability to maintain cross-functional projects
- Advanced communication skills (written, oral and listening)
- Internal and external customer service skills/ Ability to influence
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.