General Worker - City PropertyGeneral Workers / Cleaners Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the role is to ensure adequate maintenance and repairs as well as delivery of mail/packages.
The main tasks and responsibilities associated with the position are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and responsibilities and any other tasks and/or responsibilities that could be reasonably expected for the position may be required. K
Key Performance Areas (KPA’s) Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) To maintain the buildings.
- Collect and deliver internal mail, and parcels (hardcopy documents).
- Moving and packaging of stock items in the building
- Move and place furniture as required
- Minor plumbing repairs as required.
- Minor electrical repairs (e.g. fit a new light fitting, change the light bulbs, fix desk drawers etc.)
- Paint work as required.
- General maintenance (e.g. carpentry, tiling, changing of locks, fixing door hinges etc.)
- Safe keeping of assigned tools, equipment and stock.
- Report any defects or maintenance to the Office Manager
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Indoors mostly however outdoor work is also required.
- Working at heights will also be required.
- Carrying heavy items may be required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric required.
- 1 – 2 years experience as a handyman assistant
- Messenger (delivery of mail and parcels) experience.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Basic Health & Safety knowledge
- Basic knowledge on the use of tools required to perform duties.
- Basic literacy and numeracy
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.