Security Controller - One&OnlySecurity / Intelligence Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Cape Town 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™ and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Set in the vibrant heart of Cape Town’s waterfront, surrounded by restaurants, shopping, art and entertainment; on the doorstep of Table Mountain; and within easy reach of spectacular beaches, national parks, and winelands; One&Only Cape Town is the ultimate curator of discovery, from active adventures to mindful moments and exclusive, tailored experiences.
The warm South African charm is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure.
This is not simply our job, it’s our passion
Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and colleagues by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures. Monitoring of all activities within the Security Control Room and assisting with the access control at the Staff entrance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The main scope and responsibilities of a Security Controller is to ensure that he/she has the following skills, knowledge and experience pertaining to a security control room
- CCTV camera monitoring
- Security deployment and access control
- Liaison with other departments
- Control room operations
- Administration and cost control
- After-hours stores access
- Key registers
- Key handling
- WCA – register
- Handling cash-ups and floats
- Security deployment
- Fire panel duties
- Bag & body searching
- Liaison with all departments regarding security-related aspects
- Dealing with guests and staff
- Lost & found
- Maintaining accurate Security log books and detailed handovers between shift
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Fluent in English both verbally and written.
- Successfully completed A levels (High School Diploma)
- Computer literate. (Microsoft Office)
- Completed a course in Basic Firefighting.
- Completed a course in First Aid.
- CCTV experience a distinctive advantage
- Basic Knowledge of the Fire Panel/Alarm System
- Security Operations and Control Room Experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.