Technician (Electronics) - South African Reserve BankEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Johannesburg 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main purpose of this position is to maintain and repair electronic equipment and installations at the Johannesburg Cash Centre of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Perform planned/preventative maintenance on electronic installations and equipment.
- Attend to service requests and perform corrective maintenance on electronic installations and equipment.
- Provide technical assistance in operational and capital expenditure projects on electronic systems and equipment.
- Create, update and maintain programmes and databases for running electronic systems.
- Negotiate with suppliers on the provision of parts and services.
- Maintain the software and hardware of all electronic systems.
- Perform duties as the Johannesburg Cash Centre’s information technology (IT) representative and assist with all IT-related problems and queries.
- Provide relevant professional and technical advice to the Building Engineer on specific projects and contracts.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering (T3) or a National Technical Certificate (N6);
- 5 years experience as a technician; and
- Completed a trade test or in-service training.
Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge of electronic security systems, specifically closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, access control and intrusion detection;
- Knowledge of fire systems;
- Knowledge of evacuation systems;
- Computer literacy;
- Knowledge of the Avigilon system (an added advantage);
- Knowledge of the Impro access control system (an added advantage);
- Knowledge of the Ziton fire alarm system (an added advantage);
- Possession of a valid South African driver’s licence; and
- Ability to perform standby and call-out duties.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.