Head of Tactical Operations - G4S Cash SolutionsSecurity / Intelligence Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
G4S South Africa, a leading provider of integrated security and cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Head of Tactical Operations based at our operations in Centurion. The position reports to Risk and the Security Director.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation and understanding the role which Head of Tactical Operations plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
The position requires at least 5 years of experience within a similar environment. Relevant industry-related experience would be advantageous.
Head of Tactical Operations
Main Purpose of Position
This role is responsible for overseeing all tactical security operations nationally inclusive of the development and implementation of tactical-related policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage and provide effective leadership to tactical operations nationally and ensure that: Resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately
- To develop and implement policies and procedures related to tactical operations
- To assist the tactical teams in implementing of risk mitigation related to attacks
- Manage physical security measures to mitigate threats to business,
- Contribute to the organizational strategic plan by understanding the organisational vision, identifying, developing and drafting key strategic inputs
- Develop the Tactical Security team strategy by undertaking research and drafting the strategy, aligning with the overall long-term organisational strategy and vision, identifying priorities and defining business focus annually;
- Develop training curriculum for the tactical teams
- Coordinate deployment of the tactical teams based on a risk assessment approach
Management of Incidents
- Assist with the management of incidents related to attacks
- Prepare incident reports to management
- Report any significant security breaches to the Director Risk and Security
Management and Development of Direct Reports
- All team members have clearly defined job profiles aligned to the profile of the manager
- Ensure performance contracts are in place and regular goal reviews completed to assess achievement of results
- Apply poor performance management or employee relations management principles and processes should this be required
- Provide support, coaching (train) and mentoring continuously to ensure that objectives are met
- Ensure completed development plans for each employee
- Allocation resources appropriately to ensure operational demands are met
- Ensure that events/activities taking place in team are effectively communicated within the team and to other teams requiring the information
- Ensure adequate succession planning to meet ongoing and anticipated business requirements
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
CONTINUE READING BELOW
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Matric, Grade 12
- Degree/Diploma in Law/Forensic investigations/Policing / related fields
- Code B Drivers License
- 5 Years’ Experience in similar role
- In-depth knowledge of tactical methodologies, processes and procedures
- Experience in Law Enforcement or security industry
- Knowledge of standard company operating procedures
- South African security legislation
- In-depth knowledge of company HR procedures
- In-depth knowledge of South African Law (especially Criminal Law)
- In-depth knowledge of Cash Security company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Assets in transit
- Solid experience in intelligence gathering, corporate espionage and theft
- Strong risk management and investigations experience
Skills and Attributes
- Investigation Skills
- Interview Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation & Mediation Skills
- Security & Intelligence Skills
- High level of Integrity
- Ability to handle conflict and maintain composure under difficult circumstances
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Analyst Notebook / Online Intelligence system
- Spider diagrams
- Computer literate - ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word, Google Chrome
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Report Writing
- Willingness to travel extensively at short notice
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.