Pharmacist - Netcare Greenacres HospitalHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Eastern Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Pharmacists will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team.
The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients’ needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
Key work output and accountabilities
- Dispense prescriptions (hospital and retail)
- Ensure maximum safety of patients by providing advice on the appropriate selection, dosage and drug interaction, potential side effects and therapeutic effects of medicines
- Prepare, issue and control all drugs according to Pharmacy policies and procedures
- Act as custodian for the management of Schedule 5 & 6 drugs as per legal requirements
- Record prescriptions as per legislative requirements
- Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications, drug interaction and proper storage of medication to patients and other members of the healthcare team
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Advise and provide information regarding general health matters, including the effective use of medicines, treatment for general diseases, primary health care, screening services, essential medication, mother and child healthcare services, family planning and immunisation
- Supervise and control the acquisition, storage, dispensing, handling and packaging of medicines to ensure safety, efficacy and quality thereof
- Assist with all aspects of ethical stock control including re-ordering of stock, maintaining dedicated stock areas for organisation and expiry dates
- Conduct cyclical and full stock takes
- Update doctors and wards with regard to out-of-stock situations and offer
- Advice on Alternatives
- Conduct related administrative and house-keeping tasks
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
- Communicate effectively to assist other team players
- Supervise and guide Pharmacist Assistants and interns
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of new developments in the Pharmaceutical field
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial
- Build relationships with wards to facilitate the understanding and updating of Pharmacy systems and policies.
- Must be willing to work shifts in accordance to the unitary requirements.
A relevant pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm. Degree or Dip. Pharm) or equivalent NQF 7 qualification.
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council.
Advanced computer literacy
Work experience in a Hospital or Retail Pharmacy environment
Sound knowledge of Pharmacy business operations
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.