Enrolled Nurse: Medical Ward - Netcare Kroon HospitalHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Free State 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The incumbent will be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients and will function under the direct and/or indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse. The Enrolled Nurse is responsible for and is held accountable for his/her own acts and omissions.
Nursing activities form part of a nursing regime that is planned and initiated by the Registered Nurse. The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for the assessment and care as well as the needs of patients and will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate programmes of care ensuring the delivery of high-quality care to patients.
Key work output and accountabilities
- Practices patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assumes total responsibility for these Activities
- Contributes to the holistic care of patients
- Attends handover of report at shift commencement
- Effective communication with patients’ regarding their care
- Practices the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions
- Promotes and maintains good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors
- Executes all procedures according to hospital standards
- Ensures that all documentation is maintained accurately and timeously reflecting patient care
- Ensure all stock is charged appropriately
- Maintains a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and Procedures
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Carries out all departmental duties as assigned by supervisors
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse
- Extensive EN experience in the medical ward would be an advantage
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others by establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Ability to prioritise by managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed effectively
- Ability to produce work of a high-quality standard by accurately checking processes and tasks
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure by handling stress in an acceptable way to personnel and the organisation
- Compliance with the SANC code for an Enrolled Nurse and all applicable healthcare legislation
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and
- Appropriate health legislation
- Must perform all duties required in the scope of practice for an Enrolled Nurse
- Relevant experience in the nursing discipline would be an advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.