Registered Nurse: Paediatric Ward - Netcare Femina HospitalHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Registered Nurse is a professional who remains responsible for the assessment, planning and implementation of individualised and holistic nursing care of a patient, their families or the community, performed either directly or indirectly.
The incumbent ultimately coordinates patient care within the concept of the multi-disciplinary health team.
The incumbent also fulfils the role by the use of scientifically based nursing theories and processes, treating the patients as a physical, social and spiritual individuals, and by use of educational and technical means applicable to health care practice.
Key work output and accountabilities
- Practices patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assumes total responsibility for these activities
- Contributes to the holistic care of patients
- Effective Risk prevention and management
- Participate in ward/units quality improvement programme
- Attends handover of report at shift commencement
- Effective communication with patients regarding their care
- The promotion of health and wellbeing
- Practices the principles of infection prevention and all Standard precautions
- Promotes and maintains good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors
- Executes all procedures according to hospital standards
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to the sister-in-charge of the unit
- Carries out all departmental duties as assigned by Supervisors
- Provides and supervises the delivery of evidence-based nursing care
- Ensure that all patients have an appropriate nursing care plan
- Communicate with Health Care Practitioners regarding any change in health status
- Administer and store medication in accordance with the Netcare policy
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Personal and professional development
- Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining competence in CPR
- Projects a positive professional image
- Promotes and maintains good working and interpersonal relationships with management, colleagues and doctors
- Keeps up-to-date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures
- Mentoring and supervision of junior healthcare providers and support staff
- Facilitation of a learning environment
- Keep abreast of current research in their discipline
- Participate in staff development and maximising performance
- Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure an appropriate level of care
- Compliance with documentation policy
- Ongoing audit of health records to ensure compliance
- Ensures all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
- Maintains a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
- Adheres to the Netcare Resuscitation and Reanimation policy
- Adheres to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
- Maintains a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Reports and acts upon potential/actual risks identified
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
- Reports equipment needing repair or replacement
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Registered as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable healthcare legislation
Relevant experience in Paediatric Ward would be an advantage
Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.