Enrolled Nurse: Surgical Ward 2 - Netcare Kingsway HospitalHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In KwaZulu-Natal 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Enrolled Nurse is responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients and will function under the direct and/or indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse.
The incumbent is held accountable for his/her own acts and omissions. Nursing activities form part of a nursing regime that is planned and initiated by the Registered Nurse.
The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for the assessment, care and meeting of patient needs and will also be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate programmes of care to ensure high-quality patient care.
Key work output and accountabilities
- Ensure that all documentation is maintained timeously and accurately, reflecting patient care.
- Ensure all stock is charged appropriately.
- Assist with file compilation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards.
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act.
- Report potential/actual risks identified.
- Ensure all stock is well controlled.
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment.
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement to the sister-in-charge.
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Acts in a supervisory capacity over ENA’s.
- Practice patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities.
- Contribute to the holistic care of patients.
- Participate in the ward/unit’s quality improvement programme.
- Attend the handover of the report at shift commencement.
- Effective communication with patients’ regarding their care.
- Promotion of patient overall health and wellbeing.
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions.
- Promote and maintain good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors.
- Execute all procedures according to hospital standards.
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to the sister-in-charge of the unit.
- Carry out all departmental duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Supports the education and training of the ENA’s.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals.
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge.
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining competence in CPR.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goals.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse or equivalent NQF 3 qualification.
- Compliance with the SANC code for an Enrolled Nurse and all applicable healthcare legislation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Private Hospital experience in the specified discipline would be an advantageous
- Sound knowledge of general nursing theory and practice
- Knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- The ability to develop using collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goals
- Ability to actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
- The ability to maintain stable performance under pressure by handling stress in an acceptable way to personnel and the organisation
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.