Track and Trace Driver - TB HIV CareDriving / Transportation Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Eastern Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
TB HIV Care (THC), in existence since 1929, is an internationally recognised non-profit organisation. We provide health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, sex workers and people who use drugs.
THC provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care. Our work culture is adapted to the constantly evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
Purpose of the position:
To provide transportation services for the peer-led outreach teams and or equipment to the various locations and areas where TB HIV Care provides services. To conduct readiness assessments for PrEP, pre-test, post-test, supportive and adherence counselling services. To support the effective implementation of case management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport PPPrev teams and equipment to and from different locations
- Ensure vehicle inspection and submit checklist according to deadlines
- Conduct quality HIV counselling and testing
- Encourage and support disclosure of relevant information
- Conduct individual and group health education using the teaching aides provided
- Assess the service users’ readiness to start PrEP
- Promote correct and consistent condom use.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in HIV/AIDS/TB/STI prevention
- Record all activities on Comm Care or paper-based tools
- Support community outreach activities
- Use the attendance tool to collect data at outreach events:
- Screen service users for COVID-19, tuberculosis, and sexually transmitted infections.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and maintain a high standard of professionalism in all interactions.
- Refer service users to the Nurse Clinician or Enrolled Nurses for further tests where necessary
- Comply with relevant legislation and organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Demonstrate empathy and a non-judgmental attitude toward service users
- Grade 12
- Valid 10-day HIV AIDS counselling certificate (from recognised service provider)
- Certified to conduct finger prick testing
- Two years’ driving experience as well as working in HIV and TB programmes
- Valid code EB or C1 driver’s licence with PDP and
- Proficiency in English and isiXhosa languages
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.