Deputy Director Financial Audit Manager - Department of DefenceAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Pretoria 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 23/16: DEPUTY DIRECTOR FINANCIAL AUDIT MANAGER
REF NO: IAD/25/23/01
SALARY: R958 824 per annum, (all-inclusive salary package)
The successful incumbent will amongst others be responsible for the following:
- Review of financial statements, documents, data and accounting entries.
- Assess compliance with financial regulations and controls by testing the financial reporting systems, general ledger, accounting balances, cash flow statements, statement of financial performance, statement of financial position and internal controls systems.
- Identify areas of non-compliance, evaluate manual and automated financial processes, identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analysing and summarizing data and trends.
- Provision of independent and objective internal audit service.
- Review DOD operations and systems and check compliance thereof. Ensure compliance with internal audit policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop, monitor and manage the Department’s audit universe.
- Identify and evaluate risk exposures relating to governance, risk management and control processes.
- Participate in the development of a risk register.
- Coordinate a Risk Register upon which plans will be developed.
- Develop a risk-based annual audit plan to determine the priorities of the Department.
- Develop and record a plan for each engagement, including the scope, objective, timing and resource allocations.
- Track audit coverage and report on progress to the Director.
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of the accounting, financial and operational controls.
- Perform audits on projects.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develop and record a plan for each engagement, including the scope, objectives, timing and resource allocation.
- Developing and implementing of a three-year audit strategic plan.
- Provide consulting and advisory services as requested and as required.
- Examine the accuracy of internal records, information systems, management procedures and internal controls.
- Participate on systems implementation and other information technology committees.
- Promote governance and a culture of professionalism.
- Train and develop staff, lead and guide audit teams on engagements.
- Perform Quality Assurance on all audit work carried out.
- Grade 12 or equivalent with a Bachelor’s Degree in Internal Auditing, Finance or related fields. (NQF Level 7).
Job-Related Work Experience:
- Five (5) years of credible and applicable experience in Internal Audit of financial statements in the Private or Public Sector.
- Three (3) years of management experience.
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors is recommended.
Special requirements (Skills needed):
- Auditing skills.
- Strategic management and strategic planning skills.
- Well-developed communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Financial Administration and networking skills.
- Computer literate.
- Organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal relations,
- Interviewing skills, analytical and research skills.
- Audit knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of government policies,
- Modified Cash Standards, departmental policy, departmental decisions and activities as well as on the wider intra- departmental activities in government.
- Knowledge of government and the Department of Defence (DOD) strategic direction.
- Project Management and Total Quality Management.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs Adri Rocher Tel No: (012) 649 1065 or Mrs Siphiwe Nkos Tel No: (012) 649 1031
CENTRE: Internal Audit Division, Eco Glades 1 Block Aries, 70 Ribbon Grass Rd, Highveld, Centurion, Pretoria.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.