Secretary: Director - Government Pensions Administration AgencyAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Pretoria 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 23/24: SECRETARY: DIRECTOR
REF NO: SEC/PRG 2.1/2023/07-1C
12 months contract
- The purpose of the role is to render a secretarial support service to the Director.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions and include, but not limited to:
- Providing a clerical support service to the Director
- Liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements.
- Check the arrangements when relevant documents are received;
- Arrange meetings and events for the Director.
- Identifies venue, invites role players, organises refreshments and sets up schedules for meetings and events;
- Process the travel and subsistence claims for the unit;
- Process all invoices that emanate from activities of the work of the Director;
- Record basic minutes for the meetings of the Director where required;
- Draft routine correspondence and reports;
- Do filing of the documents for the Director and the unit where required;
- Administer matters like leave forms, leave registers and telephone accounts;
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationery and refreshments;
- Collect all relevant documents to enable the Director to prepare for meetings;
- Provide a secretarial/receptionist support service to the Director:
- Receive telephone calls and refers the calls to the correct role players if not meant for the Director;
- Record appointments and events in the diary for the Director;
- Type documents for Director;
- Operate office equipment like fax machines and photocopiers;
- Remain up to date with regards to prescripts/policies and procedures applicable to his/her work terrain:
- Study the relevant Public Service and departmental prescripts/policies and other documents to ensure that application thereof is understood properly;
- Remain abreast with the procedures and processes that apply in the office of the Director.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- An appropriate three (3) year qualification (ideally in Office Administration/Secretarial) coupled with 6 - 12 months office administration/secretarial experience or Grade 12 with two (2) years of experience in the field of office administration/secretarial.
- Experience in writing memos and taking minutes.
- Knowledge of the MS Office package, with experience in word processing, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel (Which may be assessed if need be.) Knowledge of Office Administration.
- Knowledge of Public Service and departmental Prescripts and Legislations.
- Keep abreast with procedures and processes with the office of the Director.
- Typing skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- High level of reliability.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Adhering to business ethics.
- Good grooming and presentation.
- Sound organising skills.
SALARY: R202 233 per annum (Level 05), (basic salary), plus 37% in lieu of benefits
CENTRE: Head Office Pretoria
ENQUIRIES: Mbongiseni Nkosi Tel No: (012) 399 2202« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.