Senior Communication Officer: External Communications - GPAAAdvertising / Media / Communication Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Pretoria 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 23/22: SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER: EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
REF NO: SCO/E-COM/2023/07-1C
(12 months contract)
The incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks which includes the following but not limited to:
Develop and maintain external stakeholder contact database, media monitoring and analysis:
- Keep the Communications Unit abreast of developments in the pensions and finance sector.
- Monitor GPAA/GEPF coverage in the media.
- Recommendations to management to remedy media coverage.
- Arrange, coordinate and oversee media briefings.
- Record media briefing proceedings as part of a media monitoring and evaluation process.
- Regularly update media database.
- Create platforms to increase stakeholder engagement and maintain the database.
- Organize workshops for external stakeholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Liaise and maintain relationships with National and Provincial Departments and other stakeholders:
- Interact with different divisions and stakeholders to source information that needs to be communicated to the public.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the implementation of the communication strategy.
- Assist in the implementation of Communication, Stakeholder and marketing strategy in GPAA.
- Maintain the external communications channels:
- Arrange and conduct regular and specialized interactions, including media visits.
- Ensure pre-recorded interviews are edited.
- Conduct live interviews.
- Create opportunities for and attend media briefings.
Research and write articles for members’ and pensioners' publications:
- Draft speaking notes and media statements.
- Prepare briefing notes and packs for campaigns.
- Draft all publications and coordinate members’ and pensioners’ publications.
Provide coordination of all external communication campaigns and reports:
- Coordinate all outreach platforms.
- Provide logistical support for all roadshows and campaigns in GPAA.
- Assist with the coordination of marketing on behalf of GPAA.
Provide administrative support to the unit:
- Perform office administrative activities.
- Organise office logistical matters.
- File office correspondence, documents and reports.
- Draft and type standard correspondence and documents.
- Completion of forms and documents related to claims, payments, invoices and consultant fees.
- Order stationery and equipment for the section.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A B Degree / N Dip / B Tech or equivalent three-year qualification (with minimum 360 credits) in Communications or related field coupled with a minimum of three (3) years relevant practical experience in Media Relations.
- The experience gained should include the drafting/writing of articles, speaking notes, media statements, publications etc.
- Candidates with experience in liaising with journalists and advertising representatives will receive preference.
- Computer literacy that includes Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of media landscape.
- Knowledge and experience in the execution of media campaigns.
- Knowledge and experience in writing media statements and articles.
- Knowledge and experience in writing reports.
- Ability to conceptualise, write and implement a Communication Strategy.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Understanding of GEPF/GPAA and its processes.
- Understanding of the Pension fund (Employee Benefits) and Financial sector.
ENQUIRIES: URS Response Handling Tel No: (012) 811 1900 (application enquiries) or Mapule Mahlangu Tel No: (012) 399 2639
SALARY: R359 517 per annum (Level 08), (plus 37% in lieu of benefits)
CENTRE: Pretoria« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.