Tanker Driver - OmniaDriving / Transportation Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Mpumalanga 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Safely transport and handle hazardous materials within South Africa and neighbouring countries.
Vehicle Load and Safety
- Conducting the prescribed pre-use inspections and completing the checklist.
- Inspect the truck and trailer before each trip to ensure roadworthiness, including checking brakes, tires, lights, and other safety features.
- Proper load-securing techniques to prevent shifting or spills during transportation.
- Compliance with weight restrictions and axle load limits as specified by legislation.
Documentation and Compliance
- Accurate completion of consignment notes, waybills and other required documentation for transporting dangerous goods.
- Compliance with reporting procedures for incidents, accidents or spills during loading transit and offloading.
- Adherence to specific placarding and labelling requirements for different classes of hazardous materials.
- Ensure that the necessary permits are available before loading.
- In the case of cross border, ensure that the Cross Border permit and documentation are available and valid.
- Ensure that the truck file and documents are up to date.
- Truck and trailer service and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure that the “DOCUMENTS” in the designated space are valid.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Emergency Response and Safety
- Knowledge of emergency response procedures for a spill, leak or accident involving dangerous goods.
- Ability to use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety gear.
- Awareness of emergency contact numbers and communication protocols with relevant authorities and emergency response teams.
Communication and Customer Service
- Effective communication with the dispatcher, customer and other stakeholders regarding delivery schedule delays or any issues related to the transportation of dangerous goods.
- Provision of quality customer service while prioritising safety and compliance
Hazardous Materials Knowledge
- Familiarity with South African regulations and legislation governing the transportation of dangerous goods, such as the National Road Traffic Act and South African National Standards (SANS)
- Understanding the classification, labelling and placarding of hazardous materials according to international standards
- Grade 12
- Code 14 – Driver’s Licence (EC)
- Dangerous goods training certificate, valid for one year
- PrDP category must be DGP or DG (Dangerous Goods and Passengers)
- National Certificate in Professional Driving will be an advantage
- Three years of Truck Driving experience in long-distance transporting Dangerous Goods
- Driver must be older than 25 years
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.