Biorepository Laboratory Assistant - Aurum InstituteHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A Biorepository Laboratory Assistant is responsible for providing assistance with technical support, performing routine laboratory procedures pertaining to the receipt, labelling, retrieval, and discarding of samples, and storing and shipping them within a laboratory environment specifically within the Biorepository component for Research Studies.
The Biorepository assistant will have laboratory experience (clinical or research), keen attention to detail, and above-average communication and computer skills.
- Knowledge: MS Excel, Knowledge: MS Word
- Receive labelled and captured samples on LIMS/LDMS
- Record keeping and filling in compliance with studies' specific requirement and, GCLP
- Accepting and processing research samples specially PBMCs
- Preparing labels and shipping documents, documenting chain-of-custody on all samples entering the lab.
- Maintaining specimen biorepository records and verifying storage locations and conditions are following best practices and the SOPs.
- Assists Lab Manager and Staff Scientist with special projects, ongoing QA/QC, preventive
- maintenance of equipment and assisting research personnel.
- Assist with facilitating the acquisition of specimens for immediate clinical and research use, as well as cryopreservation and storage for future use.
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information via team meetings.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key job Responsibility
- Work under the supervision of the Laboratory manager and Biorepository Technician, implement safe working conditions in laboratory safety.
- Decontamination procedures must be followed
- The decontamination of benches, biohazardous spills, and instrument decontamination spills is guaranteed 100% of the time.
- Compliance with the recording of temperature readings in accordance with relevant SOPs
- Assist in the processing of Peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) isolation
- Daily receive, register, sort, retrieving, and prioritize shipment samples according to laboratory SOP
- Discarding samples according to laboratory SOP
- Daily filing and storage of specimen
- Daily checking of Backup CO2 cylinders and replace when depleted.
- Daily checks of O2 Monitors
- Daily documents data in own area of work.
- Ensure sufficient stock is available as per guidelines
- Grade 12 / NQF or Bachelor of Health Sciences in Medical Laboratory Sciencequalification at NQF level
- SMLTSA/HPCSA Certificate, Registered with HPCSA as a Laboratory assistant (advantageous)
- Knowledge of principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Clinical
Laboratory Practice (GCLP) and International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Knowledge of Laboratory information management systems (LIMS) or similar laboratory information system.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience(advantageous) or with 2 years in clinical research trials.
- Laboratory and/or Specimen Biorepository experience a strong plus
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, good administration skills
- including report writing, work independently within minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer literacy skills including Microsoft office, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- SA Citizen or valid Work Permit to work in South Africa
- Drivers Licence
- Own car
- Willing to work overtime and on weekends
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.