Packaging Support Specialist: Bakery - WoolworthsSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Cape Town 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To support and enable the delivery of the packaging component of Products and ranges through driving and managing adherence to milestone delivery with all members across the matrix. In doing so, driving and input into the Foods Business strategy to ensure we deliver sustainable profit growth.
- Input and plan packaging design & roll out needs of category area as per 12 – 18 month operating plan
- Opal & FPI champion, driving the new system and assisting matrix with milestones
- Track & drive adherence to the timelines with all key stakeholders for all scoped projects as set in the FPI Innovation system
- Internal stakeholders: matrix teams (Incl. technologist, buyer, buyer assistant and PD), packaging & print specialists, marketing account Managers, system support specialists, and legal team (i.e. trademarks, naming conventions.)
- External stakeholders: suppliers, printers, external design studio, external DTP teams, courier company
- Inputs and responsibilities within the packaging and design process:
- Participate in concept and supplier blue sky meetings where packaging is front of mind with product. GBJ consideration etc.
- Ensure packaging complies to the legislation of various countries outside of RSA
- Packaging specification to be captured in the FPI Innovation system
- Ensure SKU & Range Overview & FOP Briefs have been submitted
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Input the cost centre owner for design and ensure that the cost estimate gets approved (incl. Photographer, stylist etc.)
- Coordinate required pre-prods with all key stakeholders timeously incl. print production meetings and manage any requirements in support of; e.g. mock-up's, product samples.
- Confirm and supply Dielines for Design Finalisation
- Track & drive adherence to the timelines escalating non-adherence / slippage to appropriate Matrix team heads
- Assist the Product developer with Legal trade mark searches: e.g. google searches
- Coordinate the sign-off of travel tests with key stakeholders (PD, tech & supplier) to ensure workable packaging specifications. Submit a sample to the space planning team for layout pre-work, once approved.
- Co-ordinate the approvals of the red and black seals of packaging (if required e.g. tins, printed glass, prepress)
- Collate information for RO and obtain sign off from supplier and PD
- Input and responsibilities for artwork & pack copy roll-out / DTP :
- Optimise relationships with the matrix team; take part in team meetings, and status on each new or upgraded product. Weekly management meeting attendance.
- Obtaining Printer specifications and ensuring that the Print pre-production occurs and that specs are supplied to Print Technologist
- Assign the cost centre owner for artwork and ensure that the cost estimate gets approved
- Ensure that the DTP cost are signed off by the buyer and ensure the agency has a receipt
- Before the external agency brief artwork/pack copy roll-out request Oracle PO and ensure the agency have receipt before job commences
- Manage invoices against signed-off quote
- Ensure accuracy and usability with packaging printer and Account manager of workshops / die-line before roll-out
- Ensure that the packaging specialist has confirmed packaging recyclable claims
- Ensuring that the relevant trademark searches have been completed and communicating outcomes to Matrix team
- Check AWB is completed to best practice and aligns to design sign-off layout within 48 hours to allow for amends before AWB submission deadline. Off-line with matrix team.
- Ensure OPRL and other packaging requirements listed are correct on 1st pass including dieline and print specs
- Organise 'team sign-off sessions' as required. – with Key stakeholders on urgent projects
- Record keeping and time management of key stakeholders input at each stage, incl. supplier reverts ('tracker') against agreed timelines at on-set of project.
- Tracking & Drive adherence to the timelines escalating non adherence to timeline to appropriate Matrix team heads
- Input required at printer stage:
- Agree on expected date for chromalin / print proof sign off with supplier / printers and manage key stakeholders signoff.
- Co-ordinate On press approval with print supplier and Print technologist.
- Ensure barcodes scans and is approved Buyer/ buyer assistant.
- Confirm receipt of press approval / print approval (ideally filed under the hard drive packaging folder) for future record keeping.
- Complete SKU on Opal
- Circulate the DF sessions agenda to ensure key stakeholders are kept informed at all times, and escalate any issues with sufficient time to stakeholders
- Outside of process other responsibilities include:
- Reviewing current processes and make proposals with a view to improving them
- Setting up supplier meetings which inform relevant packaging critical path stages
- Send parcels to assist the packaging development process (Suppliers, printers, etc.)
- Organizing packaging mock-up's for strategic meetings, design or marketing requirements
- Received and co-ordinate the sign off gold seals , incl. Management
- Submit gold seals to the space planning , on-line and management team
- Assisting with online pack upgrades etc. To ensure all products are up to date and in new packaging
- Driving shelf builds and mock ups of new range
- Provide electronic range overviews or hard copy reference of each range in its greater design for the category.
- Drive packaging reduction with packaging suppliers, PD and Central Technology.
- Collaborate with new and existing suppliers to push the boundaries in packaging.
- Recognize financial impact of decisions on the business, to work more effectively with the team
- Relevant 3-year degree/diploma
- Basic understanding of the different printing processes & materials
- Understanding of the design & print stages and timelines which inform the critical path.
- Understanding of costs involved and how one can influence them.
- Knowledge of stores and the retail environment
- Understanding of category packaging trends & how they could support & inform the category strategy
- Good understanding of specific area printable packaging needs
- Excellent coordination and time management skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Good presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong service delivery mindset.
- Problem-solving skills to find creative solutions to barriers
- Project and budget management skills would be advantages.
- Comprehensive understanding of food labelling policies and legislation
- Passion to deliver to a deadline.
- Strong integration and people skills
- A brilliant negotiator
- A team player
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Analytical and logical skills
- The ability to work interdependently
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.