Security Guard - Status Asset ManagementSecurity / Intelligence Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a young, energetic, and passionate group of companies working in different industries, all focused on becoming market leader in our fields. Our fast-paced environment will positively challenge you and keep you engaged as you navigate through changing priorities and varying demands. We work smart, we work hard, but we have fun doing it!
Companies in our group include:
- LNDR – a lending solutions provider
- Cryosave – a bank for newborn stem cells
- APS – an outsourced call centre management company
- Aluma Capital – our Financial Services provider
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
- Modern fit-for-purpose people practices.
- Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to an on-site gym to help you grow your fitness as much as you do your brain.
- Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and freshly brewed coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Great, so who is a good fit?
A professional with a positive attitude and the ability to manage his/her own time. Someone who is able to work shifts and over weekends to ensure the safety and security of the Company. The successful individual will be required to be neat and diligent when it comes to his/her duties and the representation of the Company.
You may be wondering, what does such a fantastic individual's duties and responsibilities include?
- Assume overall responsibility for the safety and security of designated areas.
- Patrol designated areas in accordance with outlined security procedures.
- Identify potential security risks and respond accordingly.
- Complete incident reports and required documentation for all security incidents.
- Ensure all employees and visitors have proper credentials for accessing buildings (ID badges and passes).
- Respond to emergencies and incidents within designated areas promptly and according to policy.
- Escalate emergency situations to law enforcement as needed.
- Monitor alarms and security cameras.
- Periodically patrol buildings and grounds.
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtain help by sounding alarms.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures, and restraining trespassers.
- Control traffic by directing drivers.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the attendance register and patrol cards.
Required skills, experience and attributes:
- Matric and minimum 2 years experience as a security guard.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow complex instructions.
- Interpersonal skills and knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Surveillance skills and the ability to apply good judgment.
- Objectivity and dependability.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Safety management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.