School Security Guard - SPARK SchoolsSecurity / Intelligence Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high-growth, mission and values-driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reports To: School Operations Manager
Purpose of Role:
Security guards ensure that the school grounds and facilities are kept safe and secure during operational hours.
Security guards are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to providing a world class learning environment for our scholars.
- Close the school grounds daily manually (lock and key) and rearm the alarm.
- Ensure the safety and security of all students, staff, and visitors on campus by patrolling the grounds and monitoring the gate.
- Assist all visitors who arrive to the school by welcoming them, receiving their personal details, providing a guest pass, and directing them to the relevant staff members.
- Assist visitors as they leave the school by helping them to return their guest pass and sign out.
- Assist with dismissal procedures daily to ensure the safety of students.
- Adhere to the safety and security procedures of SPARK.
- Report safety and security issues to school leadership, including the arrival of suspicious persons, the delivery of suspicious packages, the loitering of people in close proximity to school grounds, or any suspicious behaviour by members of staff or visitors.
- Assist with ad hoc operational tasks, such as moving furniture, working with maintenance and gardening suppliers, collaborating with facilities maintenance staff, or setting up for events.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with school staff as required.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- English language fluency
- Police clearance certificate
- Grade 12 certificate
- Grade level B or C security certificate
- PSiRA registration
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Previous security experience.
Skills and Mindset
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self-Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- fair market-linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.