Warehouse and Logistics Manager - RCL FoodsSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This specific position that we are recruiting for is in SIQALO Foods Pty Ltd, a Remgro Group Company and market leader in Spreads with the well-known brands Rama, Stork and Flora. SIQALO Foods works in partnership with RCL Foods.
Our Talent Team are currently looking for a dynamic Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join the SIQALO Foods Business. The role will be based at the Siqalo Plant in Boksburg and report to the Panning and Logistics Executive.
SIQALO Foods entrusts the Warehouse and Logistics Manager to manage the overall processes and resources of:
- The Bulk Store on site
- Receiving of finished goods from the Factory through the “Hole in the wall”
- Outbound deliveries to the secondary Network
- Direct deliveries to customer from the Bulk Store
- Overseeing the 3rd party Secondary network Distributor
- Customer collaboration
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the rest of the Business to ensure the delivery of an integrated supply chain Benefit and strategic target achievement.
- Work in conjunction with the Planning manager to co-create and execute an integrated demand and supply strategy.
- Facilitate integrated customer service excellence delivery by managing relationships and interaction with the cross functional teams.
- Drive the implementation of improvements in operating processes and systems to optimise warehouse and transport efficiencies.
- As a central point in the supply chain, identify supply chain bottlenecks and opportunities and develop solutions through collaboration with all relevant parties internal and external to the business.
- Conduct weekly management meetings to address challenges, review performance and plan for future optimal performance.
- Management of stock levels both internally and through out the secondary network
- Initiate and manage stock loss reduction Programs.
- Optimise onsite receiving (waste) and despatch of Finished goods facilities, equipment, and processes (including documentation) to ensure efficient vehicle turnaround times.
- Minimise incorrect loading and theft through implementation of robust on-site processes and security measures.
- Ensure returnable pallet agreements are in place.
- Manage the returnable pallet recycling project internally and with the secondary distributor to maximise the savings benefit.
- Manage the overall operational relationship with the Primary and secondary distributor.
- Continually looking for opportunities to maximize Primary distribution.
- Ensure continuous improvements in reverse logistics and processes by on-the-job observation, benchmarking and analysis
- Drive the Logistics team on a daily basis to ensure it deploys stock throughout the network to effectively meet customer service levels at minimal cost.
- Daily optimal scheduling of trucks to the secondary network and customers
- Utilise regular communication channels and team meetings to promote continuous improvement and best practice on a daily basis.
- Work collaboratively with Logistics providers, sales team, and the planning team to calibrate Min-Max levels for seasonal and peak demand.
- Meet with the distribution provider monthly do track KPIs, challenges and ongoing improvement projects.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Customer Service management
- Drive a customer service ethic and mindset throughout the organisation.
- Own customer service at an operational level for the complete network and ensure its implementation through operations, the call centre and all customer interactions.
- Ensure the resolution of all service level queries & results including Business waste reporting, graphs and analysis.
- Work closely with planning and the customer teams to identify and realize customer service excellence opportunities and drive the delivery of supply chain efficiencies and synergies.
- Drive customer collaboration to improve supply chain efficiency.
- Maintain monthly meetings with Strategic customers to track savings, challenges, and opportunities.
- Mitigate risks against people and physical assets.
- Ensure consistent application of the Group risk management policy across the depot.
- Ensure full legal compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Maintain and implement food safety standards across the depot.
- Ensure Security is maintained and that the appropriate investigations take place when incidents occur.
Information and Data Management
- Ensure the team accurately and regularly captures operating data onto the information system to enable access to reliable data and reporting for trend analysis and decision making.
- Analyse management information on a daily basis to ensure productivity logistics/distribution targets and standards are being met.
- Share relevant data with the management team to enable reliable business decision making.
- Manage the formulation of a maintenance plan that is aligned to the operation plan of the depot.
- Drive sustainable maintenance practices throughout the depot.
- Ensure that the maintenance practices are aligned to business standards.
- Manage and compile the annual budget with the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage cost to ensure the lowest cost storage, distribution, and the optimal utilisation of assets.
- Report on a Monthly Basis the actual Vs Budget and work with the relevant teams to address areas of non-conformance proactively.
- Ensure all general ledger accounts are reconciled and deadlines met.
- Drive delivery of customer service within the distribution teams through effective KPI management
- Using agreed KPIs, drive continuous improvement with the outbound supply chain.
- Prepare and manage monthly shift schedules for all warehouse staff.
- Provide support to staff and ensure queries are handled appropriately.
- Development of people by coaching and identifying training needs and work with HR to implement.
- Manage performance and address issues.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Degree, preference given to the field of logistics and supply chain management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Logistics and Warehouse Management role
- Fully operational in “Plan” processes
- Working knowledge of S&OP
- Understanding of “Make” and “Source” processes.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.