Laboratory Technician (x2) - Synexa Life SciencesHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Cape Town 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Under direct supervision, uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures, together with particular platforms, to perform routine clinical sample processing. These tasks may require the application of established techniques, standard procedures, and criteria in the execution of laboratory testing. To support the laboratory operations team with sample processing and day to-day administration duties.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Performs routine clinical sample analysis as per in-house standard operating procedures (SOP´s) and validated protocols under the guidance of Scientists.
- Ensures clear audit trails by performing quality control of all information and data generated.
- Reporting data generated and assisting in the transcription checking of data generated.
- Assists with multiple projects in a fast-paced laboratory environment.
- Management, monitoring and ordering of consumable stock thereby ensuring that sufficient reagents are available to perform assays.
- Stock takes (this includes stock management on a Laboratory information management system (LIMS)).
- Strong adherence to regulatory compliance and safety requirements involving good clinical laboratory practices (GCLP), SOPs, Health & Safety policies, and other related documents.
- Assumes the responsibility of Chief Analyst on assay methods.
- Odoo timesheet and planning accurately and efficiently.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Writes and/or reviews/validates SOP´s, standard working procedures (SWP´s), documents, forms, and spreadsheets.
- Documents and updates the installation, operation, and performance qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ) of equipment e.g., new equipment, preventative maintenance (PM), services etc.
- Ensures that equipment being used for assays are fit for purpose and are not used outside of service dates.
- Updates equipment service databases as well as service labels and IQ/OQ/PQ´s (equipment custodian).
- Performs set-ups, start-ups, and verification of various analysers (e.g., electrochemiluminescence analysers, microplate readers, flow
cytometers etc.) and laboratory equipment (e.g., centrifuges, pipettes, timers, and thermometers etc.).
- Performs daily good housekeeping (GHK) duties.
- Completes and maintains relevant documentation related to clinical trials such as overview documents, sample logistics tracking forms, worksheets, and method sheets etc.
- Ensures correct, timeous, and documented receipt of all sample as well as reagent deliveries including proper storage thereof (this includes locating and drawing of samples and reagents when needed).
- Assist with the training of other staff members in company procedures.
- A minimum level of vocational training as a Medical/Biomedical laboratory technician (i.e., National Certificate in clinical pathology from recognized institution) or 2-3 years of experience in the equivalent work or in a relevant technical role.
- On-going general International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) awareness training needs to be provided to all staff. The job holder needs to ensure that he/she is up to date with the available training.
- Experience in pipette handling, following standard protocols and using basic equipment (e.g., centrifuges, biosafety cabinets, plate washers and incubators).
- The ideal candidate should have prior experience working with analysers e.g., electrochemiluminescence analysers, microplate readers, Flow cytometers etc.
- Working within a good practice (GxP) and/or Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) accredited environment.
Skills and Competencies required:
- On-going professional development is strongly encouraged; this may take the form of training, workshops, seminars etc.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.