Intermediate Accountant - BDO South AfricaAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Cape Town 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
BDO Business Services Outsourcing Services has vacancies for an Intermediate Accountant who will help in maintaining/managing portfolios of monthly and annual accounting clients.
- Perform the following annual engagements:
- Annual write-up of accounting records utilising the firms preferred software tool, i.e. Xero, SAGE Online, Pastel Partner
- Compilation Engagements in terms of ISRS 4410
- Independent Review Engagements in terms of ISRE 2400
- Accounting Officer Engagements in terms of Close Corporations Act
- Ensuring that proper planning is performed before execution
- Ensuring BDO SOP’s are followed at all times
- Proposing journals to client (via Senior / Manager)
- Communicating with clients and making engagement arrangements, discuss engagement results
- Drafting AFS per IFRS and IFRS for SMEs
- Performing tax computations for companies, close corporations and trusts (including SBC’s, special allowances (s12C, s12E, etc)
- Monthly accounting - processing accounting transactions and reconciliations to Balance Sheet, preparation of management accounts and calculation and reconciling of VAT and PAYE
- Managing own WIP and budgets on engagements
- Updating Manager and Partner on progress of engagements
- Mentoring junior staff both on the job and generally
- Assist other staff members where needed
- Outsourced projects when needed
- Other duties as may be required in line with the position.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- B.Com Financial Accounting
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Good communication skills, internal and external, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of most commonly used accounting packages (for reporting purposes and ad-hoc processing)
- Detailed knowledge of Caseware Working papers
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.