Driver: Port Mobile Equipment - TransnetDriving / Transportation Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Western Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To load, transport and unload all cargo within MPT Richards Bay through the operation of the correct plant and Equipment in compliance with the applicable standard operating procedure in order to optimise the movement of cargo and reduce damages thereby increasing terminal profits.
- Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work in order to ensure operational integrity of
- Complete daily task sheets, record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
- Replenish fuel and fluid levels of equipment.
- Operate allocated equipment in accordance with applicable standard operating procedure and monitor equipment performance during performance of the job. Operate Articulated vehicles,tractor/trailer,forklifts trucks,payloader and tip trucks.
- Report accidents or incidents which occur during performance of duty.
- Ensure correct equipment / attachments are utilised during the performance of duties and change equipment as required to handle changing commodities.
- Perform end of shift task.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications & Experience:
- Code 14 (EC License)
- Certificate of competence for each machine operated.
- 2 years relevant experience in Port Operations/Maritime Services/Warehouse Tally Clerk
Knowledge of operational areas and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of terminal mobile machines
- Competent in operating certain terminal machines
- Reporting of defects and incident, including daily machine check list
- Safety Knowledge (Machine Loading capacity) and Safe Operating procedures
- Handling or loading of different materials or cargo
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.