Maintenance Foreman: Animal Feeds - AFGRI EquipmentManufacturing / Production Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Free State 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Responsible for the overall management of the maintenance program for the main plant and, if applicable, the dog food plant on the business premises.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Plan the maintenance schedule
- Inspect and repair machinery and equipment
- Maintain an up-to-date list of critical spares, procure and manage spare parts and stock on emergency spares
- Conduct regular inspections and repairs of equipment and machinery to prevent mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Oversee the speedy repairs of unplanned breakdowns
- Manage the planned preventative maintenance program by accurately documenting preventative inspections and recommending the replacement and/or repairs of equipment and machinery
- Recruit and appoint competent employees, manage performance and resolve grievances, conflict and disciplinary issues in line with applicable HR policies.
- Manage and control the plant's budget
- Monitor and prevent food safety risks in work areas, ensure food safety awareness and report non-conforming products
- Ensure health and safety are maintained in accordance with relevant legislation and company policy
CONTINUE READING BELOW
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Grade 12
- N6 Millwright/Technical Qualification
- Trade certificate: Millwright
- Registered Wireman’s Licence - Category 2: Installation Electrician
REQUIRED MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
- 6 years technical experience as a qualified Millwright
- Previous experience within an animal feed factory will be an advantage
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE/ COMPETENCIES
- Practical/hands-on mechanically knowledge
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment’s maintenance
- Leadership and management skills
- Management experience of both mechanical and electrical maintenance planning
- Critical thinking
- Energetic and motivated
- Positive attitude
- Quality orientated
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.