Junior Analyst: Revenue Analysis - South African Revenue ServiceAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To provide operational and analytical support in order to manage data quality. The incumbent will use their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyse and interpret large data sets in order to provide insights and data driven solution to solve difficult and strategic challenges to the National Revenue and Compliance Management (NRCM) Division.
To scrutinize and analyse data and provide actionable intelligence based on their analysis to the National Revenue and Compliance Division in the extraction, cleaning and gathering of data, conducting data analysis, developing deliverables (written, spread sheet, presentation) and meeting time sensitive delivery goals.
- Process, cleaning and verifies the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Use data profiling and visualisation techniques by using various tools to understand and explain data characteristics that will inform revenue forecasting models.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Identifies trends, patterns, relationships, and discrepancies in data and determines additional data needed to support insight. To conduct Trend Analysis – execute analysis of baseline data versus current data and make recommendations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Identify, interpreting and explaining the factors giving rise to the specific business outcomes.
- Assist with the development of scalable, efficient, and automate processes for large scale data analyses and model development validation and implementation.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- To liaise across other business disciplines to ensure accurate integrated data with a focus on quality and time dimensions.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- To ensure that relevant data is secured, and that confidential information is protected from unauthorised users.
- Plan and organise own work tasks within area of work.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations
Minimum Functional Requirements
- Ability to analyse /interpret data
- Proficient in advance excel
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Report Writing & Presentation Skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Access, Word and Power Point
- Strong Analytical Skills and ability to work with large data sets
- Identify, define, and translate business needs/ problems into analytical questions
- Business Acumen
- General tax knowledge and capable in problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
- Relevant National Diploma (NQF 6) in Commerce, Mathematics, Statistics and or Data Analysis of which 2-3 years relevant work experience in an analytical and technical environment, with a focus on applying data-driven approaches to solve complex problems of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) with at least 5 years’ experience in an analytical and technical environment, with a focus on applying data-driven approaches to solve complex problems of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.