General Worker: Region A to G - City of JohannesburgGeneral Workers / Cleaners Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Johannesburg 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered. The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups including those with disabilities. Appointments will be made in accordance with the approved Employment Equity Plan to promote its equitable representation in terms of race, gender and disability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Performance Areas: The job includes the following responsibilities:
- Weed removal;
- Litter picking;
- Street sweeping,
- Removing of stickers and pamphlets from street furniture, poles and road signs,
- Cleaning informal settlements assisting with clean-up campaigns in partnership with the City Departments and Entities.
The job requirements are not limited to only the above mentioned key performance areas.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Team Player and someone who follows instructions;
- Ability to communicate in local languages applicable to the wards;
- Ability to read and write;
- Ability to use the prescribed position tools of trade (Broom/litter picker/spade/rakes/scrapper etc.)
- Where specialised tolls of trade are required, training
will be provided.
- Grade 8 / Abet level 1 qualification.
- 6 – 12 months relevant experience
- Must be physical & mentally fit.
- No criminal record
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.