Assistant Director: Legal Instrument - Department of DefenceLegal Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Pretoria 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 32/05: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: LEGAL INSTRUMENT
REF NO: DIA/37/32/23/02
- Assist with the analysing of International legal instruments, including treaties, Agreements Pacts, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU’s), protocols, Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA’s), Status of Mission Agreements (SOMA’s), Troop Contributing Country (TCC) Agreements, Letter of Assist (LOA’s) and Technical Arrangements/ Implementation Arrangement with the scrutinizing of all International Agreement documentation to ensure adherence to international legal prescripts.
- Provide specialist advice on international legislation.
- Assist with the analysis and research of foreign relations policy and perform analytical support and the management of international agreement.
- Execution and development of department of Defence’s international agreement; the servicing of all DOD international agreements.
- Co-ordinate the legal and administrative processing of concluding International Agreement and obtaining presidential approval.
- Facilitate the tabling of International Agreement in parliament for ratification.
- Monitor the progress on implementation of International Agreement and compile status report.
- Assist with the execution of general management practices and principles within the directorate to ensure effective and efficient utilisation of allocated resources.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12 (NQF L4) or equivalent with a recognised National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Political Science, International Law, International Politics, Economics or Law.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in International Relations or relevant experience.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Be willing to travel and working irregular hours may be required, ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
Special Requirements (skills needed):
- Basic knowledge of Government Policies, Departmental policies.
- Wider Intra- Departmental Activities in Government.
- Knowledge of International Politics and Public Finance Legislations and Financial Management.
- International Politics, Good analytical skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Good reasoning and problem solving ability.
- Communication skills (verbally and written).
- Good inter-personal proficiency.
- Good presentation skills and good networking skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
ENQUIRIES: Mr M. Tsanwani Tel No: (012) 355 5214
SALARY: R424 104 per annum (Level 09)
CENTRE: Defence International Affairs Division, Armscor Building, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.