Assistant Director: Multilateral Affairs - Department of DefenceLegal Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Pretoria 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 32/06: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: MULTILATERAL AFFAIRS
REF NO: DIA/37/32/23/03
- Facilitate the process to obtain departmental approval for the establishment of the identified commitments.
- Assist with establishment and maintaining of liaison channels with multilateral organisations e.g. Southern African Development Community (SADC), African Union (AU) and United Nation (UN).
- Assist with compiling and promulgating of comprehensive instructions for the maintenance and enhancement of multilateral commitments. Coordinate participation in annual and inter-sessional forums such as Summits, Conferences and Ministerial Meeting.
- Co-ordinates the legal and administrative processing of concluding International Agreements and obtaining presidential approval.
- Facilitate the tabling of Agreements in parliament for ratification.
- Monitor the progress on implementation of agreements and compile status reports.
- Manage database of international agreement.
- Analyse and make recommendation on outcomes of multilateral meetings and ensure that follow up actions undertaken.
- To keep abreast of current economic; political and security development that impact on the multilateral engagements and inform management.
- Assist in reviewing the strategy for engagements with United Nations agencies and other multilateral organisations.
- Participate and provide guidance during departmental meeting with other government departments and to highlight departmental position on related defence and security matters.
- Prepare and coordinate draft briefing and speaking notes.
- Organise and coordinate internal and external clients meeting.
- Arrange meeting and minute taking during meetings.
- Assist in the internal management of the directorate to ensure efficient utilisation of allocated resources
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Grade 12 (NQF L4) or equivalent with a recognised National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Political Science, International Law, International Politics, Economics or Law.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in International Relations or relevant experience.
- A valid driver’s licence. Be willing to travel and working irregular hours may be required, ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
Special Requirements (skills needed):
- Basic knowledge of Government Policies, Departmental policies.
- Wider Intra- Departmental Activities in Government.
- Knowledge of International Politics and Public Finance Legislations and Financial Management. International Politics, Good analytical skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Good reasoning and problem solving ability.
- Communication skills (verbally and written).
- Good inter-personal proficiency.
- Good presentation skills and good networking skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
ENQUIRIES: Mr M. Tsanwani Tel No: (012) 355 5214
SALARY: R424 104 per annum (Level 09)
CENTRE: Defence International Affairs Division, Armscor Building, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.