Nursing Assistant - Gauteng Department of HealthHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 31/114: NURSING ASSISTANT
- Observing patients for signs of physical or emotional distress and reporting concerns to the supervising nurse.
- Providing basic care such as bathing, shaving, grooming, and dressing patients.
- Observing and reporting changes in patient behaviour or body language that may indicate distress or danger to self or others.
- Escort patients to appointments in hospital or other areas of the facility as needed.
- Recording vital statistics such as weight, height, blood pressure, pulse rate, and temperature.
- Communicating with physicians or other health care professionals regarding the patient’s progress or setbacks.
- Observing patients in order to identify problems that may require psychiatric intervention.
- Providing support and guidance to patients during therapy sessions.
- Collaborate with other members of the psychiatric nursing team to provide comprehensive care.
- Attend in service trainings and staff meetings as required.
- Adhere to all facility policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Qualification that allows registration with the SANC as Nursing Assistant (Enrolled Nursing Assistant).
- A 1-year psychiatric experience will serve as an added advantage. Must possess communication skills, empathy and compassion, time management, medical knowledge, organizational skills.
- Must know Batho Pele principles and its applicability.
- Must know and apply six- key ministerial priorities.
- Must be conversant with National Core Standards.
- Successful candidates will be subjected to medical surveillance.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. T. Mohai Tel No: (011) 535 3006
SALARY: Grade 1: R157 761 – R 175 728.per annum (salary will be in accordance with OSD)
CENTRE: Tara the H. Moross Centre, Sandton« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.