Personal Assistant - Government Printing WorksAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Pretoria 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 32/29: PERSONAL ASSISTANT
REF NO: GPW 23/79 (X3 POSTS)
- Provides a secretariat/ receptionist support service to the manager.
- Receives telephone calls in an environment where, in addition to the calls for the senior manager, discretion is required to decide to whom the call should be forwarded.
- In the process the job incumbent should finalise some enquiries. Performs advanced typing work.
- Operates and ensures that office equipment, e.g. fax machines and photocopiers, are good working order. Records the engagements of the senior manager.
- Utilises discretion to decide whether to accept/decline or refer to other employee’s requests for meetings, based on the assessed importance and urgency of the matter.
- Coordinates with and sensitises/advice the manager regarding engagements; and compiles realistic schedules of appointments. Renders administrative support services.
- Ensures the effective flow of information and documents to and from the office of the manager.
- Ensures the safekeeping of all documentation in the office of the manager in line with relevant legislation and policies.
- Obtains inputs, collates and compiles reports.
- Progress reports; Monthly reports; Management reports.
- Scrutinizes routine submissions/reports and make notes and/or recommendations for the manager.
- Responds to enquiries received from internal and external stakeholders.
- Drafts documents as required.
- Does filling of documents for the manager and the unit where required.
- Collects, analyses and collates information requested by the manager.
- Clarifies instructions and notes on behalf of the manager.
- Ensures that travel arrangements are well coordinated.
- Prioritizes issues in the office of the manager.
- Manages the leave register and telephone accounts for the unit. Handles the procurement of standard items like stationery, refreshments etc for the activities of the manager and the unit; and obtains the necessary signatures on documents like procurement advice and monthly salary reports.
- Provides support to manager regarding meetings. Scrutinizes documents to determine actions/information/other documents required for meetings.
- Collects and compiles all necessary documents for the manager to inform him/her on the contents.
- Records minutes/decisions and communicates to relevant role-players, follow-up on progress made.
- Prepares briefing notes for the manager as required; and coordinates logistical arrangements for meetings when required.
- Support the manager with the administration of the manager’s budget.
- Collects and coordinates all the documents that relate to the manager’s budget.
- Assists manager in determining funding requirements for purposes of MTEF submissions.
- Keeps record of expenditure commitments, monitors expenditure and alerts manager of possible over and under spending.
- Checks and correlates BAS reports to ensure that expenditure is allocated correctly.
- Identifies the need to move funds between items, consults with the manager and compiles draft memos for this purpose; and compares the MTEF allocation with the requested budget and informs the manager of changes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Studies the relevant Public Service and departmental prescripts/policies and other documents and ensure that the application thereof is understood properly.
- Remains up to date with regard to the prescripts/policies and procedures applicable to his/her work terrain to ensure efficient and effective support to the manager; and remains abreast with the procedures and processes that apply in the office of the manager.
- National Diploma at NQF Level 6 as recognized by SAQA) in Office Administration/ Public Administration/ Public Management/ Office Management and Technology.
- A minimum of one year experience in rendering secretarial, clerical, and administrative support services to Senior Manager.
SALARY: R294 321 per annum
ENQUIRIES: Mr M Mahlangu Tel No: (012) 748 6317« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.