Warehouse Controller: Security Stores - Government Printing WorksSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Pretoria 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
POST 32/28: WAREHOUSE CONTROLLER: SECURITY STORES: TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
REF NO: GPW 23/78
- Receive and safely store passports, ID’s and related materials and parts.
- Receive, Inspect, and record incoming shipments.
- Ensure receiving of the correct items and quantity as per documentation and invoice date.
- Ensure that the warehouse is organized and optimized for efficient storage and retrieval of materials.
- Establish appropriate storage locations, implement labelling systems, and maintain a tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensuring that warehouse equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, or conveyor systems, are well-maintained and in proper working condition. This includes scheduling routine maintenance, coordinating repairs, and training warehouse staff on safe equipment operation.
- Continuously evaluate warehouse processes and identify opportunities for improvement: This may involve implementing new inventory management systems, streamlining workflows, optimizing space utilization, or introducing automation technologies to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure the efficiently issuing of passport, ID and related stock.
- Ensure that material/stock issuing meets production units’ demands and expectations.
- Ensure that stock issued is documented and signed for as per GPW requirements.
- Ensure the safe moving of the stock according to the required security measures.
- Collaborate with other units, such as production, procurement, and quality assurance, to coordinate the flow of materials and provide accurate information on stock availability, lead times, and any issues affecting warehouse operations.
- Ensure the safekeeping of stock.
- Ensure the proper and secure handling of material and stock in the warehouse, including loading and unloading shipments, moving materials between storage areas, and the proper packaging and protection to prevent damage.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up- to-date inventory records of all travel and ID document production materials stored in the warehouse.
- Ensure that regular and accurate stock checks are conducted.
- The evaluation of stock count accuracy and completeness as well as the reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Ensuring the security and compliance of the warehouse by implementing security measures, such as restricted access controls, surveillance systems, and inventory tracking mechanisms, to prevent unauthorized access and minimize the risk of theft or loss.
- Identify security risks and recommend and implement plans to mitigate the risks.
- Provide efficient administration support services for the Sub-division.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Rendering of all administrative related functions.
- Render logistical support, the ordering and issuing of stationary, etc.
- Proper recordkeeping and maintaining of the filing system.
- Provide accurate reports as required on time.
- Manage human resources services in the section.
- Form part of the recruiting and selecting process of staff in the Section.
- Allocate and check work of staff.
- Functional/Technical advice to staff in the Section.
- Formal disciplinary measures applied according to prescripts and procedures if necessary.
- Conduct performance reviews per GPW policy. Promote and foster team building in the Section.
- Safety, health, environment, risk, and quality (SHERQ) management in the Section.
- Comply with all OHSA safety requirements. Monitor and mitigate plant related safety risks.
- Ensure that SHERQ processes are adhered to it all times.
- The ensuring of up-to-date policies and procedures for the Sub-Directorate.
- Assist with the developing and review of policies and procedures for the Sub-Directorate.
- Keep up to date with new trends in the industry.
- National Diploma at NQF Level 6 as recognized by SAQA in Supply Chain Management / Warehouse Management / Purchasing/ Logistics Management.
- Two (2) years’ experience in secure warehousing and distribution management of which 1 year should be in a supervisory capacity.
ENQUIRIES: Ms L Bhanda Tel No: (012) 748 6224
SALARY: R359 517 per annum
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.