Owner Driver - RCL FoodsDriving / Transportation Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Vector Logistics has an amazing opportunity for a Driver Owner within our Vector Logistics Division. The role will be based in our Gauteng region and will report to the Transport Controller . Vector Logistics is looking for individuals that are passionate about moving beyond. An individual that is passionate about succeeding, shows initiative, and is customer eccentric.
Vector Logistics entrusts the Owner Driver to perform a delivery service of products in accordance with agreements and set standards as set out in prescribed KPI’s whilst adhering to business ethics which are consistent with Vector’s values.
To perform a delivery service of products in accordance with agreements and set standards as set out in prescribed KPI’s whilst adhering to business ethics which are consistent with Vector’s values.
Duties & Responsibilities
Taking Full Responsibility and Accountability of the following areas but not limited to:
- Vehicle check sheets / Report faults
- Good handling practices
- Safe work procedures
- Customer Relationships
- Product / Air Temperatures
- Dress code
- Equipment needed
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure fridge is running at all times (Not to switch off while offloading).
- Ensure product is in good condition.
- Do not offload any damaged product – return to the branch and inform Controller.
- Offload stock at delivery point as per invoice.
- Ensure doors are always closed when offloading.
- Ensure strip curtains are always down while offloading.
Managerial Skills & Attributes
- Clear ability to motivate and lead a crew
- Demonstrate understanding of good IR practises
- Willingness to deal with errant behaviour
- Understanding of legal requirements as an employer
- Ability & willingness to train crew to achieve performance standards
- Manage remuneration appropriately
- Maturity to balance short term and long-term financial pressure
- Good relations with all external customers and 3rd party service
- Good self-management and time management
- Insight into efficient operating techniques
- Should have basic knowledge of business principles, income, expenses, profit, management of assets
- Should be proficient in English and relevant regional language
- Must have entrepreneurial mindset and motivation
In depth understanding of:
- Customer Service Excellence and KPI’s
- Productivity KPI’s
- Waste Management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Health: Should be medically fit in terms of the legislative requirements of the Road Transport Act.
- Should meet the health criteria as determined by the appropriate Financial/Life Assurance institution in order to qualify for insurance and lease pre-requisites as outlined in the Owner Driver contract (Status and health to be determined by Workforce Healthcare or a Certified Medical Practitioner/Specialist)
- Legal Requirements: Valid, unendorsed EC (Code 14) Drivers Licence, PRDP permit, legally competent on AARTO regulations, not under curatorship
- Matric (NQF 4) or higher qualification.
- National Certificate I in Professional Driving would be advantageous.
- Preferably 2-3 years’ experience in Distribution environment.
- Experience in customer service is advantageous.
- Credit check to be run.
- Clear SARS statement of account for personal tax
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.