Transport Controller - AVI LimitedSupply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AVI Limited is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands! Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and centred on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands. Our brands span a range of categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, out-of-home ranges, personal care products, cosmetics, footwear, accessories, and fashion apparel.
We have a well-developed Shared Services structure spanning: International, IT, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Procurement and Field Marketing, which allows us to take advantage of our scale. Our single-minded purpose is our brands' growth and development.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Transport Controller at Logistics Support Services Division in Isando. The purpose of the role is to seek to attract an independent leader with exceptional organizational and coordination skills to take on the challenging role of Transport Controller.
Line Manager: Transport Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 84
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage staff and ensure good industrial relations.
- Daily communication with AVI customers and assisting expeditors to resolve delivery issues.
- Provide relevant and accurate information to the transport manager.
- Taking corrective/disciplinary actions where necessary in order to ensure fleet standards remain of high. quality and transport staff deliver exceptional service to AVI customers.
- Plan and complete daily delivery schedule and arrange sufficient staffing and vehicles.
- Issuing of delivery documentation to staff and key control.
- Assisting with investigating fuel anomalies.
- Regular audits to ensure correct delivery practices..
- Debriefing of drivers and taking corrective action for non-conformances when required.
- Dispatching of vehicles.
- Accident investigations.
- Claims investigations.
- Licensing and fine control.
- Visiting customers to handle claims, queries and POD’s.
- Daily, weekly, monthly report generation as required by the department.
- Ensure day to day operations of vehicles maintenance, service and repairs.
- Conduct monthly fleet audits and book vehicles for defect repairs with approved service providers and ensure minimum downtimes.
- Ensure fleet condition and their operation meet legislation requirements.
- Tyre and wheel alignment monitoring and controls.
- Investigate Fuel consumption in line with set vehicle norms.
- Update fleet and driver changes on Mix telematics.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Transport Controller or in a similar role in a Distribution Centre environment.
- Logistics Diploma or similar will be an advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Detailed knowledge of transport operation within a FMCG environment
- Must have proven ability of fleet control
- Experience in disciplinary procedures
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Own vehicle essential
- Must be willing to work shifts
- High energy level
- Proven attention to detail
- Has the ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Tolerant in stressful situations
- Excellent time management and organizing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.