In-house Lawyer (George) - Pacific International InsuranceLegal Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Western Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Pacific International Insurance is an Australian insurance company with more than two decades’ experience in building unique insurance offerings. Our range of personal and business insurance solutions cross areas including motor vehicle, pet, mobility equipment, professional indemnity, and general liability.
Pacific International Insurance, home to Badger Holdings, is seeking to appoint a Lawyer for the SA branch and to be based in George.
What’s the overall purpose of this position?
This position promotes legal compliance and supports the organisation’s claim and dispute resolution functions. This position supports the Lawyer based in Australia and provides legal advice, supports efficient dispute resolution between the organisation and third parties and supports insurance operations with general legal advice with regard to litigated and pre-litigated matters, as well as drafting and other incidentals.
What are the duties and responsibilities?
- Drafting agreements.
- Drafting of legal opinions and advice.
- Supports with litigation management and reporting of litigated files across Australia.
- Communication with external legal service providers including summarising instructions, negotiation and settlement of files and advising on high-risk files.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Supports to prepare, manage, and report on all external disputes lodged with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) and any other tribunal, ombudsman, or superior Courts within Australia.
- Reporting including ongoing maintenance of matter registers.
- Ad-hoc commercial and legal advice including declinature of claims, underwriting support, and fraud detection.
- Assisting in letter drafting regarding Internal Dispute Resolution responses and compliance with Australian regulatory guidelines.
- Risk and compliance support including incident/breach management, regulatory and legislative change management and development of internal and external policies as required by the General Insurance Code of Practice, including annual code reporting.
- Compliance with all relevant Pacific Policies and Procedures, including specific role level responsibilities.
- Carry out other duties that are within the limits of your skills, competence, training and/or experience as directed by your manager.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Knowledge of contract law, delict, company law, corporate governance, and intellectual property.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong time management skills and an ability to prioritise multiple competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively self-manage.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Bachelor of Law.
- Master’s degree in a commercial or private law field.
- Experience liaising with and instructing external legal and communicating with various regulatory bodies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and lead without direct authority.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.