Registered Nurse: Adult ICU - Clinix Health GroupHealthcare / Medical / Nursing Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To promote and deliver quality patient care and wellness in accordance with industry standards and to execute Nursing duties within the standards, procedures and protocols set down by the South African Nursing Council and Scope of Practice. The incumbent will collaborate with Doctors, multi-disciplinary team members and the community in providing holistic support to patients and their family and loved ones whilst supervising allocated team members, within a specialized unit.
- Diploma in General Nursing
- Post basic qualification in their relevant field of expertise.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in ICU.
- BLS qualification is advantageous.
- Updated PALS/ATLS/ACLS advantageous.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Minimum work experience:
- Perform all duties in accordance with South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH) and National Core Standards.
- Adhere to the principles and standards of Patient Advocacy according to SANC Acts and Omissions, Company Code of Conduct, Patient Rights and Responsibilities Charter, National Millennium Development goals and responsibility of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Supervise, organize, lead and control work for self and team to ensure efficient completion of tasks.
- Devise a working knowledge of, and understand the Nursing Strategy, in order to contribute towards unit goals.
- Lead the continuity of care through an accurate, comprehensive handover to related units like operating theatre and diagnostics.
- Plan daily tasks for the Enrolled nurses, Ward Clerks and Enrolled Auxiliary Nurses to ensure an efficient and effective service delivery in area of accountability.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards, and making recommendations according to the hospital’s requirements of best and safe practices and unit specific protocols and procedures.
- Actively participate in internal and external auditing processes, for example DOH, National Core Standards, SHERQ, SANC and Risk Audits.
- Document patient care services by accurately charting inpatient and department records including updating care plans as patient needs changes.
- Maintain accurate files and records of patient medication, incidents and complaints and steps taken to resolve patient problems or prevent incidents from recurring.
- Conduct structured ward rounds including accompanying Doctors and other Medical Practitioners for creating and evaluating customized care plans including implementing Doctors instructions and prescriptions.
- Monitor activities of nurses to ensure compliance with protocols, security, safety of patient environment, Group Nursing policies and procedures, SANC requirements and act on findings through regular unit rounds.
- Drive the reduction in healthcare associated infections.
- Participate actively during resuscitation, where necessary.
- Provide guidance and advice, whilst applying good clinical judgment, to other Nursing staff working in the critical care setting and regarding the safe and effective use of critical care technologies (i.e. monitoring and supporting critically ill patients and diagnostic and therapeutic techniques).
- Provide first line assessment at the bedside with regards to aspects of medical technology including ventilators, renal replacement therapy equipment, physiological measurement monitors and the like.
- Manage satellite laboratories and point-of-care testing in areas such as blood gases, oximetry, electrolytes, metabolites and haematology including coagulation profiles.
- Manage and support the introduction of new critical care technologies into the unit.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to medico-legal risks related to monitoring and therapeutic interventions in ICU and consciously avoids them or reports them accordingly.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop early warning systems to enable nurses outside ICU to implement Preventive Critical Care.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.