Quality Assurance: Electrical - Matla Power StationEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To ensure all work performed by Lesedi or it’s subcontractors conform to our customer’s, relevant codes, standards and safety requirements. Deliverables in terms of client requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Modify, compile and review Quality Plans, Quality Control procedures, standards and checklists and documentation to meet requirements.
- Review SIF Change Notifications, Site Intervention Files (SIF), Installation Specifications (IS), Test Plans (TP), Work Plans (WP) and Quality Control Plans (QCP) and assign inspection points.
- Perform QC inspections during project implementation.
- Verify correct documentation at work site, personnel qualifications and M&TE calibrations are current and workmanship standards are met.
- Ensure conformance to requirements, good work practices and promote safety.
- Compile Punch lists and perform COC inspections.
- Perform Post Work Review of all Project Packages.
- Assess, monitor, report and identify good or sub-standard work and areas for improvement.
- Perform internal audits to ensure compliance with ISO 9001.
- Perform supplier audits to place them on the Approved Suppliers List.
- Witness Welder and Welding Procedure Qualification Tests.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and an advantage would be ISO 45001.
- Additional instrumentation, such as welding, heavy fabrication.
- 5 years related experience in Electrical Engineering environment.
- Performs visual inspections, dimensional test, checks rating and material for connection.
- A working knowledge of BS/IEC/ISO/API/ATEX/EEMUA codes and standards relating to electrical and instrumentation work.
- For nuclear projects, training in nuclear power plant operation.
- Previous exposure to high voltage electrical installation including switchgear and electric drives.
- Instrument calibrations including ultrasonic flow meter, level transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters etc.
- Hazardous Area installation and inspection experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Codes, Standards and Welding Processes.
- General knowledge of ISO 9001- 2000 & IAEA 50 C-Q for Nuclear projects.
- General knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- Knowledge of quality concepts, regulatory and safety governances.
- Must be able to read Isometrics and P&ID Drawings.
- Good communication skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.