Quality Assurance: Mechanical - Matla Power StationEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To ensure all work performed by Lesedi or subcontractors conform to our customer`s relevant codes, standards, and safety requirements. Deliverables in terms of client requirements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Set up a site inspection/audit programme, for site activities for subcontractors.
- Ensure that subcontractor documentation is fully compliant with the specification requirements.
- Monitor CA/PA in all areas to ensure a culture of CI is maintained.
- Monitor and control the inputs of subcontractors in the areas such as welding, ensure that repair registers are up to date and accurate.
- Review and input to subcontractor`s documentation by inserting hold and witness points, monitor and control incoming goods for compliance to requirements.
- Review submitted documentation for accuracy to the standard for compliance to the client`s requirements.
- Ensure non-compliant suppliers are dealt with timeously.
- Review codes and standards and apply them across site activities.
- Carry out training of younger staff to improve experience levels.
- Maintain by audit and limit the risk of poor suppliers getting onto site.
- Ensure that points are not bypassed, and that all inputs to QCP are reviewed and adequate and approved.
- Detailed review of the contents of the QADP for acceptance.
- Proactive approach to obtain information regarding activity status in order to update project plans
- Inform project team members, clients and contractors of project status.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Quality Control background with an ability to reach a minimum of N5.
- SAIW level 2 inspector certificate with 5 years` experience.
- Level 1 inspection / corrosion protection would be advantageous.
- Auditor/Lead auditor 9001.
- 5 years` related experience in QA/Welding environment.
- Knowledge of Codes, Standards and Welding Processes.
- Conventional Power Plant operation a plus.
- Experience in managing subcontractors and teams.
- Must be familiar with establishing of weld procedures.
- Must be familiar with NDT processes.
- NDT Level 1&2 would be advantageous.
- General Knowledge of ISO 9001 – 2015.
- General Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ ISO45001.
- Understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- Knowledge of quality concepts, regulatory and safety governances.
- Must be able to read Isometrics and P&ID Drawings.
- Must be able to write QCPs & QM Plans.
- Good communication skills.
- Reject components with poor or defective workmanship.
- Liaise with 3rd Party inspection authority on NDT and visual inspection activities.
- Write and Qualify Welding Procedures.
- Qualify Welders and Compile Welder Performance Qualification Records (WPQR`s).
- Computer Literate (Outlook, Excel, Word & Power Point).
- Be able to communicate clearly.
- Be technically competent.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.