Secretary: Department Urban & Regional Planning - University of the Free StateAdministrative / Secretarial Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Free State 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for general office administration and operations including but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support and secretarial services to the department and line manager.
- Welcome and direct visitors and students to the appropriate staff members.
- Receive parcels from courier and other services.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone calls and messages.
- Handle general enquiries.
- Dispatch parcels/courier services.
- Scrutinise and record the incoming mail and categorise it into priority of urgency.
- File finance and HR related documents.
- Responsible for meeting administration.
- Responsible for departmental events: Catering, transport, preparation of venue.
- Responsible for travel and accommodation arrangements for external examiners/moderators, lecturers, Post Docs and PhD students.
- Assist with Travel Insurance.
- Control the stock register.
- Assist with typing as requested from lecturers from time to time.
- Follow-up of previous correspondence and pass items to line manager to follow-up.
- Request and appraise quotations.
- Capture requisitions for outstanding vendors and approve requisitions (internal e.g., Paintwork, plumbers, etc)
- Receive Purchase Orders from provisioning/finances and provide it to the suppliers.
- Process invoices for payments of service providers.
- Create and distributes invoices.
- Capture and manage employee claims.
- Capture, approve, report and follow up on job requests for maintenance and repairs where necessary.
- Purchase and order office supplies, stationery and equipment.
- Manage and administer the asset register.
- Assist with the recordkeeping of leave applications.
- Assist with Special leave applications for overseas.
- Assist and manage the administration of new appointments within the Department.
- Monitor the submission of study guides, assignments and tests for module files.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Grade 12 on NQF Level 4.
- One (1) year’s relevant working experience relating to the duties and responsibilities.
- Experience within the higher-education environment.
- Knowledge of university systems, policies, procedures.
- Key Competencies Required:
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to be creative and open-minded when addressing work issues.
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy, and enthusiasm.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application.
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications).
- A copy of your identity document (ID or passport in the case of foreign nationals).
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable).
- A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
- Confirmation of employment from current employer / last employer if unemployed (only applicable to external applicants).
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.