Collections Officer (X2) - Volvo GroupAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Gauteng 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the role:
Achieve challenging stretched targets, with regards to collecting outstanding debt from our customers. The position will require efficient and professional handling of all overdue accounts and related administration, reporting and/or analysis. You will be contacting customers over the phone and by email and will need to liaise with internal teams and external parties/agents/attorneys. You will prioritize your customers and have regular team discussions about our debtors. You will assist our customers with any queries or problems, whilst focusing on recovering the outstanding debt.
You will need to manage your workload, as well as perform daily/weekly/monthly tasks. You will get involved with reporting each month and will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills within other areas of the department, such as learning about the terminations, recovery and remarketing of assets processes.
Reporting: This position reports to Head of Collections & Risk
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Portfolio monitoring, identification, and collection of overdue accounts.
- Make quality telephone calls, send clear, concise emails, and automated letters to execute debt recovery as often as required or dictated by policy and mandate, whilst maintaining recordkeeping.
- Communicate, coordinate, and liaise extensively with customers, internal Remarketing Specialist, internal commercial teams, other internal departments, attorneys, dealers, and external agents to resolve disputes and queries to clear/collect the outstanding debt.
- Daily tasks which include liaison with attorneys, direct debit runs, deposit and unallocated EFT reports, rejected direct debit report and refunds coordination.
- Contribute to fee income by collecting late payment/past due interest charges.
- Regular testing of our systems to release improvements.
- Identify and reduce the volume of unallocated EFT payments daily.
- Obtaining insurance confirmations for customers in default, arranging company insurance if required and regular monitoring of insurance confirmations being in place.
- Be part of special projects as required by business from time to time.
Qualification & Job Experience:
- University degree or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Education in Law is a benefit.
- Typically, 3 to 5 years of debt collection experience, preferably in the financial services and/or captive asset based finance industry in a commercial vehicle environment.
- High level of English (oral & written).
- High communication, persuasion, and reconciliation skills.
- Good team worker, initiative, results & compliance oriented and a self-starter.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Clear AML, FAIS, FICA, FSP and financial screening.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.