Junior Accountant: Medirite - Shoprite GroupAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Western Cape 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of the Job
- To execute financial administrative functions within the Medirite division. The role supports process efficiency and improvement through the effective reconciliation of accounts, creation, and submission of billing and invoices, preparation of financial data, statements, and reports, and maintenance of financial documentation and records. The role requires a meticulous individual with well-developed organisational skills and the ability to provide excellent financial administrative support to ensure commercial targets are met.
- Our Group and all its operating companies are committed to creating, embracing, and preserving a diverse workplace that values the unique talents, perspectives, backgrounds, and abilities that enrich our organisation. A place where everyone matters and feels included.
- Perform reconciliations between various systems, ensuring all swell allowance credits, volume rebates, and special promotional rebates are balanced and processed for credits and/or payments.
- Accurately process invoices and billings and ensure required authorisations are obtained.
- Collect, update, and maintain data that forms part of the billing process.
- Maintain a consolidated list of swell suppliers and communicate with key stakeholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Run wastage figures and reports including swell vs. wastage comparisons to enable the management team to identify opportunities and make sound business decisions.
- Communicate with suppliers on expenses or payments and timeously resolve all related queries.
- Consolidate and prepare finance and account reconciliation data and reports within specified standards and distribute them to relevant stakeholders.
- Verify discrepancies on reconciliations and resolve reconciling items.
- Work with IT to streamline reporting efficiencies and improvements.
- Support auditing processes through the preparation of standard reports and data.
- Update and maintain all related financial data, records, and files as per company policies ensuring accuracy and integrity of information is maintained.
- Grade 12
- Degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- +3 years’ experience in a similar capacity or role, processing and executing financial administrative, reconciliation and reporting activities in a corporate or retail environment
- Experience working on SAP Finance.
Knowledge and Skills
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting concepts and principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 with intermediate Excel skills to prepare detailed spreadsheets using formulas.
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Resilient, tenacious, and assertive.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be well-organized and systematic.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter with personal energy and drive.
- Team player and collaborative partner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.