Financial Controller: Brackenfell - Shoprite GroupAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In Cape Town 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of the Rent-roll Financial Controller is to provide accurate, efficient and timeous payments, administrative support to our landlords in terms of our lease agreements. This includes document facilitation, processing and reconciliations on relevant systems to ensure a smooth running and efficient rent-roll payment process to landlords. Adhere to IFRS 16 principles of lease accounting. This role adds value to the budget and financial year end processes through detailing, arrears reconciliation and turnover rental calculations. This role is part of a team that administers and coordinates the leasing process or part thereof so that agreements of lease are expediently concluded and captured to the property management system.
- Ensure that all relevant information and details on resolutions and lease agreements from Director and Business.
- Development Management are received and processed on the SAP system according to agreed standards of accuracy, timelines and documentation including monthly statement/invoice from the landlord.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Verify landlord statements/invoices against supporting documents and liaise discrepancies with landlords.
- Reconcile amount paid to landlord’s statement.
- Ensure that payments to the landlord are timeous and per the lease agreement.
- Compare and verify invoices against amounts on the lease clauses.
- Ensure that all new leases/renewals are captured in line with IFRS 16 lease accounting and additional charges loaded in time for the rent-roll deadline.
- Ensure accurate budgeting on agreed standards inclusive of each branch in portfolio, rental and other charges per lease.
- Turnover Rental formulas to be confirmed to SAP system.
- To ensure correct provisions at the financial year-end, including completing reconciliations.
- Provide for increases on SAP system expenses not yet raised by Lessor and amounts raised by landlord not yet paid (rates, refuse, insurance, operating costs).
- Assist the Rent-roll Manager with provision for turnover rentals by confirming turnover rental formulas, rental and advance turnover rentals paid to Landlord.
- Ensure accurate calculations and payments of turnover rentals including facilitation of documents and processes regarding turnover.
- Matric/Grade 12 or equivalent qualification - (essential)
- Diploma in Financial Accounting or an equivalent field - (beneficial).
- +2 years’ experience in Debtor/Expense administration role or similar role (ideally in a property environment) with knowledge of and practical experience of reconciling statements and facilitating processes – (essential).
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of contract lease agreements, budgeting principles and year-end procedures.
- Exposure to SAP Real Estate - (beneficial)
- Good proficiency with MS Office 365 with well-developed Excel skills (essential).
- Energetic and vibrant, enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – able to interact, engage and maintain professional relationships with people at all levels of the corporate structure.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Able to work under pressure, prioritize and balance numerous competing demands in a high-volume, high pressured, fast-paced working environment.
- Organized and detailed - Plans, coordinates and executes functions, practices and procedures to realize business unit goals and objectives.
- Customer orientated - Committed to providing high-quality customer service. Ensures customer needs are understood, problems timeously resolved, and expectations met.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to convey information and data clearly, accurately and succinctly.
- Good problem-solving skills - Comprehends new information to generate insights while proactively investigating courses of action to identify feasible solutions.
- Personal integrity – Has good judgment and discretion to manage and maintain confidentiality.
- Takes accountability for actions and mistakes.
- Comfortable with change and adapting to different requests
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.