General Worker: Rustenburg - BridgestoneGeneral Workers / Cleaners Jobs In South Africa 2023
Jobs In North West 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are looking for a General Worker reporting directly to the Branch Manager. This is a local role, based in Rustenburg.
You will ensure that all the tyres are maintained.
- All vehicles to leave the yard with tyres as per SLA;
- All vehicles are surveyed at least once a month;
- Conduct pressure maintenance and correctly capture pressure readings on Survey Sheet;
- Capture tread depth readings over three sections of the tread area and capture on Survey Sheet;
- Fit all wheel positions with valve caps and on all dual positions a valve extension;
- All tyre movements are captured on a Tyre Change Slip;
- All wheel changes must be done subject to SLA;
- Remove smooth tyres and match tread, size and status mismatches;
- Remove tyres with a pressure reading under a 15% of the recommended pressure and check for irregularities;
- Brand tyres as per Bridgestone Commercial and Client agreement;
- Torque all wheel positions at least once a month;
- Report all wheel defects with a Tyre Action Report;
- Inspect and clean rims before fitting tyres.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Stock is taken on a daily basis in a Bridgestone Commercial Stock Book;
- Stock must be taken by size and brand number;
- Report daily stock to Customer. (Sign off Stock Sheet);
- All tyres in stock must have a brand number for identification.
Health & Safety
- Correctly lift motor vehicle;
- Utilize correct tools for the job;
- Correctly fit tyres to rim;
- Fit wheels on to motor vehicles correctly;
- Always dressed in Bridgestone Commercial PPE;
- Handle tools with care and keep them clean at all times;
- Ensure work area and yard is always clean;
- Machines & tools are always stored correct and safely;
- Dressing rooms are always presentable and neat;
- Ensure that no company property gets damaged;
- Tyres are neatly packed and clearly marked for easy identification;
- Comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment and facilities provided by the company are in good and clean working condition.
- Capture tyre survey info in a Bridgestone Commercial Survey Book;
- Capture all tyre movements in a Bridgestone Commercial Tyre Change Slip Book;
- All tyres sent to the factory must be captured in a Factory Control Book;
- Keep a Branding Register of all tyres branded;
- All paperwork must be stored in a save dry place.
- Identify all Maintenance Related Problems and report to the customer;
- Maintain a good working relationship with the customer;
- Undertake all reasonable requests and instructions, given verbally or in writing that falls within the parameters of own line of duty;
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Torque wrench spring relax after use;
- Lubricate impact on daily basis;
- Drain water traps and compressor daily;
- Clean and store equipment daily;
- Compliance to health and safety procedures on site.
- National Senior Certificate
- Proficiency in English
- 2 years tyre experience
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.