Paralegal / Administrator - Land BankLegal Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank) is South Africa’s only specialist agricultural bank established in 1912, the bank’s sole objective is to serve South African commercial and emerging farmers and bring specially designed financial services within their reach. These services enable farmers to finance land, equipment, improve assets and obtain production credit.
The Land Bank provides financial services that have moved with the times and continues to provide services to agri-business and constantly reviews its offerings to ensure that they match the needs of an industry. As change has swept across the sector in South Africa the socio-economic makeup of agriculture has altered, bringing new entrants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds on to the land, these new farmers, facing the challenges of establishing sustainable agri-businesses across the agricultural value chain.
Land Bank has been a commercial lifeline offering appropriately designed financial products that facilitate personal and commercial viability in a sector that is vital to the sustainability of South Africa and its people.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide professional secretarial and office support/administration services including diary management to the office of the Company Secretary and the Chairman of the Board. Facilitate operational efficiency and assist the Chairman of the Board and the Company Secretary to achieve strategic objectives.
To manage the administrative requirements of the office of the Chairman of the Board and Company Secretary and assist with scheduling, planning and coordinating all Divisional activities
Key Performance Areas
1. Board Chairperson Support
- Manage diary and invitations
- Provide comprehensive reception services
- Assist with management of mail
- Manage records and documents
- Coordinate the review and signature of correspondence and other documents
- Arrange travel and itineraries
- Arrange chauffer services
- Book venues and arrange catering for meetings
2. Board and Board Committees
- Prepare and maintain annual Board and Board Committee Schedules
- Manage events as and when instructed
- Manage Board System including ensuring that MMS Teams recordings are downloaded and saved as per Company Secretary Records Management Manual requirements
- Coordinate IT support for Board
- Collate Board attendances
- Prepare schedule of Board fees/disbursements and validate
- Prepare invoices for Board members and validate
- Book and arrange payment for Board development as instructed
- Arrange travel and itineraries of Board and Committee members
- Sorting information and documents for filing according to database and record management system protocols
- Classifying and coding information and documents for inclusion in database and record management systems
- Updating and modifying records
- Filing information and documents in database and record management systems
- Identifying and retrieving information and documents for users
- Recording file and document movements
- Archiving inactive files including labelling of storage locations, and assembling and labelling new files
- Assist with the identification and disposal of duplicate or redundant files
- Assist with the maintenance of a records retention schedule
- Assist with the disposal of records
CONTINUE READING BELOW
4. Paralegal Support
- CIPC Practice
- Prudential Authority Practice
- National Treasury Practice
5. Office of the Company Secretary
- Manage the payment of accounts
- Coordinate the review, signature and publication of governance instruments
- Manage backend of Office of Company Secretary Intranet folder as instructed
- Compile audit packs as directed by BSM
- Prepare presentations as and when required
- Book venues and arrange catering for divisional meetings
- Take minutes at divisional meetings and prepare matters arising
- Inventory Control
- Procure goods and services as instructed
- Book and arrange payment for Office of the Company Secretary training and development as instructed
- Arrange travel and itineraries for Office of Company Secretary
Preferred Minimum Education and Experience
- Administrator or Secretarial Diploma and/or CSSA Governance Practitioner (NQF7)
- 3-5 years Experience as a Personal Assistant for an Executive Manager / CEO / CFO / MD/Board Member
- 3 years Corporate law paralegal/national public sector administrator environment experience
- Microsoft Office
- Oral and Written English Language proficiency
- Extended hours as and when required
- Travel as and when required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.