Application Support Specialist - Media24IT / Telecom Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth operation of all software applications used by the business. You will act as a bridge between users and technology, troubleshooting issues, providing technical guidance, and keeping everything running smoothly.
- Serve as an escalation point for difficult problems and complex enquiries.
- Creating reports on project status, including development timelines, and identifying potential problems that may cause delays in completion.
- Identify trends and patterns between diverse support request descriptions and foresee future problems.
- Master various publishing software platforms like manuscript formatting tools, metadata management systems, and e-commerce platforms. Expertise in Bookmaster ERP is compulsory.
- Unravel technical mysteries with ease. Diagnose and troubleshoot software issues, fix glitches, and ensure smooth application performance across departments.
- Analyzing systems, auditing, or verifying data and testing.
- Explain complex technical concepts to non-technical users and collaborate effectively with authors, editors, designers, and sales teams.
- Understand data security best practices, implement access controls, and monitor systems for potential threats.
- Automate repetitive tasks, streamline workflows, and build custom scripts to maximize efficiency. Familiarity with scripting languages like Python or VBA is a bonus.
- Analyse usage statistics, generate reports and identify trends to improve application performance and user experience.
- Stay updated on industry trends, learn new technologies quickly, and be ready to tackle new challenges with curiosity and enthusiasm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Requirements and experience
- Relevant Post Matric qualification
- At least five years of experience
- Computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel – Formulas, filtering, VLOOKUP
- In-depth knowledge of Bookmaster ERP modules is compulsory
- B2B Ecommerce Expertise
- Forms master fluency
- Integrator Savvy
- Database queries & reporting
- Familiarity with Publishing APIs
- Willingness to learn
- High attention to detail and expert level of accuracy
- Multitasking abilities
- Organizational skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Working independently and in a team-based structure
- Knowledge of the educational publishing industry will be advantageous.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.