Welding Technician: Johannesburg - HowdenEngineering / Technical Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Gauteng 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Howden, a Chart Industries Company, is a global leader in air and gas handling products, services and solutions. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experience in doing so.
ESAB South Africa, a division of Howden MEA is looking for an experienced Welding Technician responsible for testing of incoming welding consumables to the Code and or customer specifications and market needs. Train customers how to weld with ESAB Filler materials. Assist process development with customer trials welding procedures.
What needs to be done?
- Responsible for the sourcing, preparation and welding of test assemblies.
- Preparation of testing request documents.
- Liaising with the service provider for material testing to ensure adherence to agreed service levels.
- Checking and approval of test results by the test request.
- Production of test certificates to the relevant code or customer requirements.
- Testing and evaluation of welding consumables returned under complaint.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist with Demos when and if required.
- Assist with distributor training when and if required.
- Control all Demo equipment movement to and from customers.
- Conducting customer trials speedily and professionally.
- Comply with ISO9001, OCHSA 18001 and ISO14001
- Lead the safety effort and awareness within the area of responsibility.
- Routinely conduct safety observations and highlight any non-conformances.
- Adhere to all SOX Compliance Controls with reverence to the narratives applicable to your area of responsibility.
What do you need to bring?
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Qualified & Trade Tested Welder
- N3 Technical qualification
- Proficient in the following Welding Processes: SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW and SAW.
- At least 3 years experience as a Welding Technician.
- ESAB / Welding Equipment range knowledge.
- Good communications skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Projects
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.