Bookkeeper: Revenue Management - South African Bureau of StandardsAccounting / Finance / Audit Jobs In South Africa 2024
Jobs In Pretoria 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) is mandated to develop, promote and maintain South African National Standards (SANS); promote quality in connection with commodities, products and services; and render conformity assessment services and assist in matters connected therewith. Working for the SABS opens the mind to the world around you. We offer diverse career paths in a dynamic environment that nurtures and recognises talent and potential. Become part of our vision of being a trusted standardisation and business assurance solution provider and join a team that fosters accountability, excellence and innovation in an inclusive workplace.
SABS is an equal opportunities employer, and our recruitment will be done in line with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and our EE Policy.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
To assist with ensuring that the billing value chain is implemented appropriately and to provide assistance and advocacy to management with accurate processing of the invoice cycle for existing and new clients.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the accurate processing of the billing and related finance activities in the revenue cycle to ensure credit notes issued due to incorrect billing are minimised.
- Investigate all billing related issues, engage with relevant business units including ICT where applicable for system issues and facilitate timeous resolution of the identified issues.
- Receive invoice requests from the Business unit and Verify that all the applicable supporting documentation is received from the Business unit to open the sales order.
- Perform the opening and closing of jobs activities for allocated areas as and when required.
- Validate sales orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Facilitate timeous resolution of customer queries and provide required documentation where necessary
- Facilitate customer requests regarding payments for refunds and compile the refund requests to be reviewed by the Finance clerk
- Capture journal requests for both internal and external revenue as well as correcting journals for review and approval by BU Head.
- Assist Clerk: Finance in following up on reconciling items appearing on balance sheet accounts
- Monitor exception reports daily for allocated areas with assistance of Finance clerks to identify discrepancies, investigate and resolve where possible or escalate if no resolution is possible
- Review pre-payments to identify instanced where completed work has not been billed to ensure that customers are billed on time for all work that is complete.
- Support business in verifying customer payments on cash customer accounts before commencing with the work.
- Ensure and maintain proper record keeping of all Revenue Management documentation
- Ensure adherence to set timelines within the Business Unit and Division.
- Support the Finance clerks in ensuring that monthly reconciliations are performed and balanced within the required timeframes on the revenue in advance and expired revenue balance sheet accounts for both SABS and SABS Commercial.
- Compile and report customers with special billing processes and/or requirements, including where necessary contacting external service providers to obtain relevant supporting documentation.
- Monitor Work in Progress (WIP) for allocated areas ensuring that all long outstanding items are resolved and all invalid transactions are timeously removed.
- Provide support to business regarding billing related matters.
- Assist with compiling and providing documentation for audit purposes
- Assist with clearing billing backlogs in business units promptly.
- Assist in compiling weekly, monthly, etc. reports as may be determined from time to time regarding Revenue Management activities.
Risk and Compliance Management
- Assist in identifying and adhering to fraud controls, risk prevention principles, sound governance and compliance processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality risk management standards in line with ISO and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and enforce all related Service Level Agreements to minimise business risk and ensure business continuity in collaboration with Supervisor: Revenue Management
- Adhere to all relevant laws, policies and Standard Operating Procedures throughout the organisation.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships for expectations management, knowledge sharing and integration, and to manage the organisation’s reputation.
- Represent and participate in the organisation’s committees and task teams when required.
- Attend meetings and present relevant information to stakeholders when required.
- Ensure efficient communication to all stakeholders and other finance team members.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service.
- Resolve queries and problems within the span of control and within agreed time frames.
- Follow up on unresolved queries and complaints where required promptly.
- Provide relevant and accurate information requested by the clients promptly.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- National Diploma/ Diploma in Finance or a related field
- 3 years relevant work experience in billing or revenue management
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.